Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

If your good enough it wont matter if its a good team or a sheet team the ball still goes inside your foward line 50+ times a game
Players like Betts , Papley , Stengle ,Cameron etc will make the most of their chances

We had a player called Chris Naish as a comparison played in worse teams at Richmond to Cumberland and good enough to kick 212 goals in 140 games

* In saying this im happy for Cumberland to get a game against the eagles to regain confidence and have an easy kill this week
He is definitely in our best 22 when up and about so lets hope he smashes it this week
Also please remember he has just played a handful of games.

The standards that apply to Cumberland (and Sonsie) are the standards that should naturally apply to ALL players.
It's the lack of consistency re selection that grates and I understand that.
Seven straight awful quarters from Cumbo without a yelp is not the benchmark we want to set (even if the benchmark was set low by some of the untouchables in recent years).
Goes double for Sonsie after his effort last week.
Both players will learn from it.
Applaud the non-selections.
Couldn’t agree more , now turn that blow torch to our wingers

If Cotchin served up what Sonise, in particular, did last week and Cumberland, yes, he should be dropped.
I'm here to win games - pure and simple - not nurse champions to milestones.
We went through this crap last year with Edwards.
Not interested in hearing about how we aren't a bad side as we lost X-amount of games by less than X-amount of points when you keep on picking blokes who contribute nothing.
You get 50 per cent more effort on the very little Edwards, Aarts and Castagna provided last year, you win at least 50 per cent more of the close ones and all of a sudden you are fourth and have a double chance.
PS Cotch is cooked and it's sad. And a half good one against a depleted and already woeful West Coast had he played wouldn't have changed my mind.
He did and was

The standards that apply to Cumberland (and Sonsie) are the standards that should naturally apply to ALL players.
It's the lack of consistency re selection that grates and I understand that.
Seven straight awful quarters from Cumbo without a yelp is not the benchmark we want to set (even if the benchmark was set low by some of the untouchables in recent years).
Goes double for Sonsie after his effort last week.
Both players will learn from it.
Applaud the non-selections.
How about edwards of last year?
How many shockers did he pkay?

He should be played this game and not as a sub

Give him the chance in this game to get confidence up - Easy Kill game is exactly whet he needs for this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck opposing Bailey Williams today Cumbo.

345021824_1640058286507287_8137430810449304935_n.jpg

Subbed. Feel like any poor games, he will be scrutinised. Just hope that’s consistent with everyone. Mansell stayed in the side for quite a while providing SFA.

Seems he doesn't get on with dimwit well
I'd much prefer a game cha get who touches the ball up to 10 times than a guy who guards space

He played s*t today. No ****** wonder

Back the bloke in
You don't just gift a player games, he was bad last week got another chance with the Soldo injury, it just didn't happen for him today.

You don't just gift a player games, he was bad last week got another chance with the Soldo injury, it just didn't happen for him today.
Yup if he had any other name everyone would be agreeing with dropping him initially and the sub but Cumbo seems to be a sore point with some and people can’t seem to look at his form objectively

A week or two in the vfl might just what he needs to play him back into form

Reckon he'll come good again at some stage soon but gee, Richo in a suit and holding a mic would of had a greater impact today.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just a good old fashioned dirty day

Even copped that 50 that was a complete load of shit

Seems to me that he’s a player that needs a bit more space than most. With a genuine KPF like Lynch back expect to see him get a bit more.

But just hasn’t been good for 9.5 straight quarters of football. Seems to get to the wrong areas, and when he does, fumbles the ball too often (not the only one to be fair).

It’s probably a combination of structure, teams getting more players back, confidence and opposition teams putting more into him.

A few weeks back in the VFL will be good for him. Cumberland at his best is at the level. Isn’t the first nor the last young player to go through a bad patch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back