Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we reckon Cumberland is worth for a potential trade pick? Mid 20s?

He could hardly get a game in an injury-ravaged wooden spoon team.

So no, he'd get nothing for us and it wouldn't surprise me if the club delists him.

Personally I'd keep him and tell him to do whatever TF he wants in the forward line and stop trying to make him play a defensive forward role.

You’re the joke of this forum, the hate you show this kid

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t hate him anymore than other list cloggers. That’s what he is. Get a reality check and accept it. He’s no good.

Are you a potato farmer? You certainly aren’t a recruiter.

Yeah it’s me Cumbo I happen to like the kid, just like a lot on here that hate him. Not that I was referring my comment to you mate

Hi Harry. Just want to make this clear, I have no personal hate for Cumberland. Yes I’ve called him a spud, joke of a footballer etc etc but it’s not personal. If you go back through RCD posts you’ll see I also called him out early and made similar comments. If I see a player who has had opportunity but not delivered and especially in the case of Cumbo and RCD, then I call it out. I’m not a fanboy who declares a player as good early and then refuses to accept that they made a bad call. My mind was there to be changed by performance and that was certainly not forthcoming from Cumbo. I will continue to say he should be off the list, he’s not up to it etc. you are trying to support your position by declaring me a hater but that’s bullshit.

We're going to have enough draft picks coming into the club this year, so I certainly could see him staying on in 2025
I do suspect we aren't signing him on yet until we have confirmed the number of list spots we have open taking into the draft for all the picks we have for live trading.

Hi Harry. Just want to make this clear, I have no personal hate for Cumberland. Yes I’ve called him a spud, joke of a footballer etc etc but it’s not personal. If you go back through RCD posts you’ll see I also called him out early and made similar comments. If I see a player who has had opportunity but not delivered and especially in the case of Cumbo and RCD, then I call it out. I’m not a fanboy who declares a player as good early and then refuses to accept that they made a bad call. My mind was there to be changed by performance and that was certainly not forthcoming from Cumbo. I will continue to say he should be off the list, he’s not up to it etc. you are trying to support your position by declaring me a hater but that’s bullshit.[/

Well, if you watch the Jack Dyer medal tonight you would’ve noticed he wasn’t on the board for next year going forward so I’m sure that you’ll be thrilled to no end.

To Harry. You posted inside my comment that I’d be thrilled that Cumbo appears to be off the list. This is where again you have a misguided view. I’m never thrilled when a player is delisted. Actually a little saddened for them. However, I acknowledge that they didn’t reach the heights/ level required to have a sustained successful career. Sometimes you have to be accepting of the fact that it didn’t work out and a player for one reason or another just isn’t up to it.

No Richmond supporter hates a player. We may dislike the fact they’re taking a list position we feel they don’t deserve but you and others need to stop putting out your opinion that we are haters because we have a different view from yours. I’ll probably label others as not up to the mark in the future but instead of attacking me or others as being haters, jokers etc. keep your comments football related and argue your point and not get personal.

I’ll try not to throw in so many snide remarks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To Harry. You posted inside my comment that I’d be thrilled that Cumbo appears to be off the list. This is where again you have a misguided view. I’m never thrilled when a player is delisted. Actually a little saddened for them. However, I acknowledge that they didn’t reach the heights/ level required to have a sustained successful career. Sometimes you have to be accepting of the fact that it didn’t work out and a player for one reason or another just isn’t up to it.

No Richmond supporter hates a player. We may dislike the fact they’re taking a list position we feel they don’t deserve but you and others need to stop putting out your opinion that we are haters because we have a different view from yours. I’ll probably label others as not up to the mark in the future but instead of attacking me or others as being haters, jokers etc. keep your comments football related and argue your point and not get personal.

I’ll try not to throw in so many snide remarks
I think that's what gets peoples backs up and they go on the defensive when there are the remarks, potato etc.
It belittles someone that has probably achieved more in football terms than any posters on here have.
Cumbos one of those hard ones, a bit like Stacky. You can see the talent, but fir some reason they just can't make it at the top level.
I'll be surprised if he stays on the list, he will be depth and delisted next year if he does I imagine. He would have to really find so e constant form to have any chance of staying beyond next year if he survives this year.

I would let him go; writing is on the wall he has enough opportunity to breakthrough how much injuries did we have.
I would rather bring in a delisted FA from Geelong like a Brandan Parfitt who played 9 games for a stronger team in Geelong. has good tackling numbers 6.3 in 2024, I think that's what we are missing a bit.

I would let him go; writing is on the wall he has enough opportunity to breakthrough how much injuries did we have.
I would rather bring in a delisted FA from Geelong like a Brandan Parfitt who played 9 games for a stronger team in Geelong. has good tackling numbers 6.3 in 2024, I think that's what we are missing a bit.
Why bring in another list clogger?

Geelong is bringing in Jack Martin who was a delisted FA, if it improves our list for a couple of years why not?
Geelong know they have no draft hand, 15, 35, 53, more so if they go after Smith, so they have to get some players in somehow. Martin is better than pick after 53, so why not. It's risky topping up with an injury prone 30 year old.

if Noah is kept on the list for what ever reason

i'd really like to see him used more in the mid field
he had two cameos in the midfield that i saw in the VFL
and they were impressive

and the same for MRJ , when in the mids in the VFL has looked really good

both might need to be forwards with plenty of midfield rotations

We don’t need to Mansell’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back