Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some of you seriously need to reconsider what your definition of "destroyed" and "got a hold of is"

The only ruckman that was destroyed on that field yesterday was TDK in the first half. And I say that as someone that thinks TDK has been close to the best player in the comp the last 2 months.

Tristan had 9 clearances at half time ffs.

That was TDK's worst game statistically since he's moved full time in the ruck. He's been pretty much unbeatable the last 2 months.

Some people have raised the GWS game, Briggs didn't dominate him at all. De Koning had 26 touches and 11 clearances against Briggs.

It was TDK's lowest disposal game in 2 months.

Xerri is the only one that's been able to work over TDK physically in that time. He's been a force of nature, including against his own brother.

It was Tristan's biggest hitout game of the season, whilst he didn't have his way in the air like he has the last month, TDK is also a quality player.

Tristan brutalised the Carlton mids around the ball and a lot of them would be waking up very sore boys.

For years we critiqued Goldy wishing he had genuine mongrel and was a physical imposing ruckman.

Well Xerri is pretty much the alpha male of rucks at the moment. I reckon he'd even rag doll peak Mumford at the moment.

What our major issue is at the moment is Teakle. He's a bit of bizzaro man. Drafted as a ruckman, Collingwood put a pre-season into him as forward. He's a liability in the ruck at times, McKay absolutely killed him, which is crazy considering he's a ruck, but he's proving a really handy outlet as a forward.

He needs a massive preseason ghosting Xerri in the gym as he's getting bullied even by relief ruckman at the moment.
Sharp post. TDK will be sore and it's only my guess but there's a good chance it will set him back going to the last games of the season

Sharp post. TDK will be sore and it's only my guess but there's a good chance it will set him back going to the last games of the season

Cripps had a big game on paper, but it wasn't like it was to the level Bont put out a few weeks ago against us.

That was in part because Bont sat outside of Libba as a second reciever, where Cripps was trying to win first possession.

He had 29 and 9 clearances, but I thought the absolute damage he could have exerted was in part prevented by Tristans influence around stoppage.

We don't need a 190cm+ midfielder with the amount of tackles and pressure he exerts inside the first possession and clearance ring.

We have a 200cm, 110kg one...

Still playing well, and as it is his 1st year as the No1 Ruckman, natural improvement with continuity and experience will see him progress even further.

One thing that shits me, he takes the ball out of the ruck, tackled to ground by TDK, holding the ball, TDK takes the ball out of the ruck, tackled to ground by Xerri, in the back/dangerous tackle. not sure which.

I think some of you seriously need to reconsider what your definition of "destroyed" and "got a hold of is"

The only ruckman that was destroyed on that field yesterday was TDK in the first half. And I say that as someone that thinks TDK has been close to the best player in the comp the last 2 months.

That was TDK's worst game statistically since he's moved full time in the ruck. He's been pretty much unbeatable the last 2 months.

Some people have raised the GWS game, Briggs didn't dominate him at all. De Koning had 26 touches and 11 clearances against Briggs.

Xerri is the only one that's been able to work over TDK physically in that time. He's been a force of nature, including against his own brother.

It was Tristan's biggest hitout game of the season, whilst he didn't have his way in the air like he has the last month, TDK is also a quality player.

Tristan brutalised the Carlton mids around the ball and a lot of them would be waking up very sore boys.

For years we critiqued Goldy wishing he had genuine mongrel and was a physical imposing ruckman.

Well Xerri is pretty much the alpha male of rucks at the moment. I reckon he'd even rag doll peak Mumford at the moment.

What our major issue is at the moment is Teakle. He's a bit of bizzaro man. Drafted as a ruckman, Collingwood put a pre-season into him as forward. He's a liability in the ruck at times, McKay absolutely killed him, which is crazy considering he's a ruck, but he's proving a really handy outlet as a forward.

He needs a massive preseason ghosting Xerri in the gym as he's getting bullied even by relief ruckman at the moment.
Carlton set up the win with a 5 goal burst and 7 goals in the 3rd quarter.
De Koning was influential in the middle. To say otherwise is to discredit the opposition.

X's 1st half was great and his game overall was good.
I just never understood the mentality that any critical analysis of a players performance is met with such passionate defence that is just not needed.
Xerri is probably the most improved player in the comp. He is going to be a very good ruck for a long time.
Its a credit to him that the opposition is now putting time and effort into planning to negate him.

But you make it out like we steam rolled the Blues yesterday in a dominant performance. That just didnt happen.

Carlton set up the win with a 5 goal burst and 7 goals in the 3rd quarter.
De Koning was influential in the middle. To say otherwise is to discredit the opposition.

X's 1st half was great and his game overall was good.
I just never understood the mentality that any critical analysis of a players performance is met with such passionate defence that is just not needed.
Xerri is probably the most improved player in the comp. He is going to be a very good ruck for a long time.
Its a credit to him that the opposition is now putting time and effort into planning to negate him.

But you make it out like we steam rolled the Blues yesterday in a dominant performance. That just didnt happen.

I'm not discrediting him at all, Im one of TDK's biggest fans.

You need to watch the replay, 3 of those clearances came from McKay on Teakle though in that burst.

TDK definitely fought back at the start of the 3rd, but he needed to, he was getting absolutely pantsed at that stage.

Xerri easily took the points overall yesterday.

Xerri had 10 clearances, more disposals and TDK only won 1 of every 3 ruck contests on Xerri. How could it be viewed otherwise on the balance of the entire game?

I'm not discrediting him at all, Im one of TDK's biggest fans.

You need to watch the replay, 3 of those clearances came from McKay on Teakle though in that burst.

TDK definitely fought back at the start of the 3rd, but he needed to, he was getting absolutely pantsed at that stage.

Xerri easily took the points overall yesterday.

Xerri had 10 clearances, more disposals and TDK only won 1 of every 3 ruck contests on Xerri. How could it be viewed otherwise on the balance of the entire game?
TDK went off injured early and we made the most of his absence. X rucking against Cripps was great.
I was quite annoyed when TDK did return after half time and that he was able to have the impact he did.

The game was decided in that quarter of football.

As has been said on here, if one burst of footy by an opposition player helps them win the game, what do we take away from the other 3 quarters?

How good is this guy. It's actually incredible. He has literally made this entire board look stupid.

To make things better, he's going to hurt some finalists on the way home. TDK punctured lunch & f*ked foot.
1721637563794.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great comment, clubs are terrified of X. Don't know how to play him. He busts up every bounce & he will just get better.

Teakle is a 2 metre goal sneak at the moment. I'm hopeful, I expected more this week, but I am worried he just doesnt have the metabolism to bulk up. Big guys take time. He has skills and had plenty of fans in Port, so just maybe.

GEeZ TheY’rE a ClaSSy bUnCH oVEr on tHe noRTh boArD
GIF by filmeditor

Hope they do take it further and question their medical dept. how the foot issue from early 1stQ was obviously jabbed up so he could be sent back on to receive further damage
This still shocks me. When De Koning hobbled off he looked done. Absolutely cooked.
The injury report validates that.
Still amazed they sent him back out there and he was able to play as he did.
At what point do you question medical negligence.
You sent a bloke back out there with a broken foot and a punctured lung and don’t even get Mckay off for a concussion test. They really were desperate for the win.
Vossy thinks giving De Koning 1 coaches vote makes it all right lol

What annoys me now is that they won the game and yet we’re not gonna be rewarded by having a weaker opponent to face off against.

Hope they do take it further and question their medical dept. how the foot issue from early 1stQ was obviously jabbed up so he could be sent back on to receive further damage
How or why any club would f*** around where feet are concerned is beyond me.

Can have really tricky recovery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

Back