Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched the Edmund report video. Does he listen to himself. Mewling about the gorgeous flowing unicorn TDK being cut down by the trollish ogre Xerri. F*** me mate. Nobody hated it when Mumford was ironing blokes out weekly. In fact he got a nickname out of it. Everyone loved it when Big Preussy was slinging blokes around by the shoulders.

TDK's mum or dad or his manager has gotten in Edmunds ear and whinged that their precious son or, in the managers case, meal ticket, has been worked over physically, as Edmund himself opines several times, within the rules of the game and using the tactics available to him. Congrats guys you have just ensured every time TDK sets foot on the ground against a Xerri or a Darcy or a Briggs or a big physical ruckman, that they're going to know all they have to do is bash him.

I cant wait for the AFL's weird Mums podcast to feature the DK's mum. Hope they ask her about this. I reckon Xerri is sitting at Arden Street pretty pleased hes been able to get this far under the skin of a team that WON the game and sits SECOND on the ladder.
Tom and Sam would listen to that and know they both definitely have a target on their back now. They couldn't be happy with mum.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Tom and Sam would listen to that and know they both definitely have a target on their back now. They couldn't be happy with mum.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

What does Marc Pittonet do at training? He probably falls into the big and ugly category. Does he fan TDK with a palm frond while TDK gets uncontested hitouts and everyone at Carlton flogs themselves stupid over their generational ruck talent?

To quote Mike Tyson, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. TDK, wonderful talent though he is, got punched in the mouth and so far his plan is to (gutsily) play through the injury then cry to his manager and his parents about playing a tough game of footy against a physical bloke who hasn't been cited for anything against the rules of the game. Pathetic

What does Marc Pittonet do at training? He probably falls into the big and ugly category. Does he fan TDK with a palm frond while TDK gets uncontested hitouts and everyone at Carlton flogs themselves stupid over their generational ruck talent?

To quote Mike Tyson, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. TDK, wonderful talent though he is, got punched in the mouth and so far his plan is to (gutsily) play through the injury then cry to his manager and his parents about playing a tough game of footy against a physical bloke who hasn't been cited for anything against the rules of the game. Pathetic
A particularly lyrical image. well done.

As far as I'm concerned the fact TDK got beaten up in the ruck contest is all on Carlton and their selection committee. If they don't want their shiny new toy dented and bruised, don't send it out against a monster. They would have been better sending Marc Pittonet against X if they were worried about physicality. Let TDK come out and play with his brother in the ruck against the Cats if they like.

There's a very good reason we're not sending the likes of Chom, Will Dawson, Taylor Goad and to a lesser extent Larkey into big ruck time... they're body is just not up to the rough and tumble of it. Go figure :rolleyes:

good to see some acknowledgement by some posters who were brutally critical.

am i the only one not surprised in the slightest by xerris season? called it multiple times and was probably sounding like a broken record on here. injury and opportunity the only things that have held him back the last 3 years. was very obvious to me what kind of player he was going to be.

hes still got plenty of improvement to go as well. wait till he becomes a borderline elite contested mark. that will happen. not sure why it is taking longer than the other elements of his game, but it will happen.

Lesser extent Larkey into big ruck time.

I actually think if we gave him a solid stretch of games there he would become an incredibly good athletic ruck man.

not that I am advocating doing that. I just think he is very good at football and would play the middle like an extra mid who would absolutely burn teams moving forward.

we obviously do not have the cattle to run this and it does open him up to more combating injuries but I maintain he would do well through there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

48 secs;
" he has been playing under duress throughout the season, l'm led to believe there have been some other breaks in that body of his, he's managed to soldier on through........"

So, he's had other broken bones this season and you know he has a # in his foot sustained in the first quarter, and you send him back on ?

am i the only one not surprised in the slightest by xerris season? called it multiple times and was probably sounding like a broken record on here. injury and opportunity the only things that have held him back the last 3 years. was very obvious to me what kind of player he was going to be.

hes still got plenty of improvement to go as well. wait till he becomes a borderline elite contested mark. that will happen. not sure why it is taking longer than the other elements of his game, but it will happen.
IIRC you went very early on Xerri. Respect.

No surprises for me. I always knew X was gonna give it to us.

48 secs;
" he has been playing under duress throughout the season, l'm led to believe there have been some other breaks in that body of his, he's managed to soldier on through........"

So, he's had other broken bones this season and you know he has a # in his foot sustained in the first quarter, and you send him back on ?
We need our players to protect the team, we don't have three clowns in yellow running around looking after our team all game.

What the hell I will blow my own horn here too. I strongly advocated the retirement of Goldy for a couple of years to allow this bloke to be number 1.

When you're right 52% of the time you are wrong only 48% of the time.

If you just forget the times you are wrong, then you’re left with 100% right

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38: Tristan Xerri - signed thru '29 - 2024 All Australian squad member

Remove this Banner Ad

Back