Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

His development curve is huge. Should be rewarded with a debut and definitely has the tools to be an AFL player. Luckily for us his attributes are exactly what we need from a CHF too

2.0, 15 disposals, 5 tackles, 13 hitouts and 7 marks (at least 2 contested) today. Laid 19 tackles the last three weeks, though he has been a ruck quite a bit.
Given the tackle numbers that X is racking up, wonder if that is a Monkhorst thing he has his ruckman working on?

I really think we should debut him against WC this week. Rest Chom as he looks super sore. Push Pink back and Maley up forward with Larks and Teaks.
I agree, but personally would prefer to see K Dawson come in and go back. We have quite the record of MOTY as a club, Allison, Winnie, Maj, Zane's on the weekend as good as any this year, and I reckon Finnbar would have a contender or two pretty quickly when he gets his chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club would be absolute stoked with his development and impact on games. Very self aware footballer who knows his strengths and weaknesses.

I’d love to know the finer details of the metrics he’s assessed on by the development coaches and what else they’d like to see from him to push for debut, not saying he needs to this season for development, I’d say he’s exceeded expectations given how raw he was and his kicking wasn’t up to it initially.

But I’d be interested to know how close he is to a debut

He has surpassed all my expectations. Still so very raw, but he offers so much potential (likely in that Teakle role). Needs another afl preseason or two to get that strength and fitness up.

IMG_3290.png

IMG_3291.png

Will get another contract surely, developed well over the year.

Would have to. Been brought in as a project and has blown expectations apart, bar a debut.

I’ve been slow to get on board but I’m there now. I actually really like the way he plays around the ground. Very decent in the ruck contests, and his marking up the wings is just as good as in the forward line. Definitely has a future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back