Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are relying on this back yard suburban footballer to come good ….?
Oh boy we are in a world of pain ..🤷‍♂🤦‍♂️

Finnbar is 24.

This lists him at an approprate size for AFL football.

I am unsure why he never got a gig through the last month.
He's 20 how do people still fall for the incorrect birthday on footywire, if you looked at it for second you'd realise it says he's born on the first of January 2000. Check the club website

He's 20 how do people still fall for the incorrect birthday on footywire, if you looked at it for second you'd realise it says he's born on the first of January 2000. Check the club website
People will do anything but check the official sites😭

Finnbar is 24.

This lists him at an approprate size for AFL football.

I am unsure why he never got a gig through the last month.
Finnbar was 20 when we picked him up, but hadn't been involved in any high performance programs coming through. Only started to take footy seriously over the previous 12 months, so still needed a fair bit of skill and game sense development. But with his natural athleticism, he's the type you give 2/3 years to see what he can become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finn will be back in 2025, I'd wager.

I'd wager that you'd get a return on that wager, Chadstone.

I am very reliably informed that Finnbar was out last night enjoying a few quiet ales with friends. I just spoke to a young man (let's call him TOD Jr) who had a long chat with him. Far be it for me to undermine the word of the great and deservedly venerated giantroo, whose mail can usually be taken away and converted into one of those cryptocurrencies that dramatically increases in value every nanosecond, but he could be a tad off the mark here. Although to be fair, gr didn't actually indicate that his word was coming direct from inside the scrotal walls, it could have simply been his own take.

But let's just say that if Finnbar were to be cut, I can guarantee that it would most certainly come as a massive, MASSIVE shock to quite a few people, most pointedly to Finnbar himself. It would be completely out of leftfield (not to mention a certified campaigner's act) given that he has been informed regularly throughout the season, and even recently, that the club is rapt with his development and the improvement he has shown, and they have assured him that there will be a spot on the list for him beyond this year. And as recently as last night he was very relaxed and confident that the club was true to its word on all of the above.

So I think for the moment, those of us that still want to see him on the list next year can all probably relax a little, too.

(P.S. Sorry, gr. This one aside, I still bow to your general greatness.)

I'd wager that you'd get a return on that wager, Chadstone.

I am very reliably informed that Finnbar was out last night enjoying a few quiet ales with friends. I just spoke to a young man (let's call him TOD Jr) who had a long chat with him. Far be it for me to undermine the word of the great and deservedly venerated giantroo, whose mail can usually be taken away and converted into one of those cryptocurrencies that dramatically increases in value every nanosecond, but he could be a tad off the mark here. Although to be fair, gr didn't actually indicate that his word was coming direct from inside the scrotal walls, it could have simply been his own take.

But let's just say that if Finnbar were to be cut, I can guarantee that it would most certainly come as a massive, MASSIVE shock to quite a few people, most pointedly to Finnbar himself. It would be completely out of leftfield (not to mention a certified campaigner's act) given that he has been informed regularly throughout the season, and even recently, that the club is rapt with his development and the improvement he has shown, and they have assured him that there will be a spot on the list for him beyond this year. And as recently as last night he was very relaxed and confident that the club was true to its word on all of the above.

So I think for the moment, those of us that still want to see him on the list next year can all probably relax a little, too.

(P.S. Sorry, gr. This one aside, I still bow to your general greatness.)
Happy to be wrong on this one if that is the case. I posted what I did because he was telling some people that he hadn't received any indication or a contract just two weeks ago. If that has changed, I'm happy to cop the X.

And good to have you back TOD.

Happy to be wrong on this one if that is the case. I posted what I did because he was telling some people that he hadn't received any indication or a contract just two weeks ago. If that has changed, I'm happy to cop the X.

You could honestly pick up Mjölnir GR, we are not worthy of you.

Well glad he didn't play instead of Teakles, we may have lost by more if we didn't have Teakles one kick and one handball.
If i had played today I'd have had 2 less disposals than Teakles. It is art work above my comprehension how you can avoid being where the ball is for 120 minutes.

FMD, FML and FFS

oh well
I had 2 effective spoils and a handball sitting behind the goals. May poll in the bnf.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Based off that he'll get a late contract. A lot would be up in their air with our need for more senior players, two MSD picks needing permanent spots and not knowing our list size for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back