Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

Based off that he'll get a late contract. A lot would be up in their air with our need for more senior players, two MSD picks needing permanent spots and not knowing our list size for 2025.

You'd have to imagine this is the case. I'd genuinely be gobsmacked if Maley was cut.

There's also still the question of if the AFL let us keep our extra two rookie spots, but even in the scenario that we lose both I couldn't fathom delisting him.

If we are relying on this back yard suburban footballer to come good ….?
Oh boy we are in a world of pain ..🤷‍♂🤦‍♂️

B Y S F
BACK
YARD
SUBURBAN
FOOTBALLER
how many times do these pea brain people need to be reminded?

God you are a flog.

Have you actually watched him play this year? He has genuinely been one of the best contested marks across the whole VFL averaging over 2 per game. His ruck craft improved out of sight. His game sense improved out of sight.

For a rookie selection, he has been really solid and at 21 there is still a shit tonne of upside to come.

God you are a flog.

Have you actually watched him play this year? He has genuinely been one of the best contested marks across the whole VFL averaging over 2 per game. His ruck craft improved out of sight. His game sense improved out of sight.

For a rookie selection, he has been really solid and at 21 there is still a shit tonne of upside to come.
God you are a flog comparing the VFL to AFL ?! Tool.
Look how well it went for Sellers in the AFL … 2 games 2 kicks (1 in each) who at the time was kicking bags ,marking everything & taking the Pi55 in the VFL …
By his own admission B Y S F Finbar has said he’s no where near ready to play AFL …
Get your hand of it pea brain thinking this guy will save us …

Look how well it went for Sellers in the AFL … 2 games 2 kicks (1 in each) who at the time was kicking bags ,marking everything & taking the Pi55 in the VFL …
By his own admission B Y S F Finbar has said he’s no where near ready to play AFL …

Need only look as far as a mirror if you are looking for someone with limited brain capacity.

Where in my post did I compare the VFL to AFL? And no one in her is claiming that Finnbar is the next coming of Carey. All developing players have to play in the state leagues and he is doing a fine job considering his experience. What’s so hard to understand about that?

There's also still the question of if the AFL let us keep our extra two rookie spots, but even in the scenario that we lose both I couldn't fathom delisting him.
When you win only 15 games across 5 years and never got a start of first round pp whilst Gc have all their concessions and extra list spots

I don’t think we need to worry about losing spots if anything we’d be gaining more

Yes he's only just turned 21..Gotta love the suburban footballer tag..we've got plenty that can run through that banner...If chom Logue Goater don't get injured and young Dawson steps up.... Dawson. Pink and biggy never play again..and are all delisted end of next... Young finbar was the best performed big man we had that played VFL..Could be a bust Could be anything. His got what a lot don't. Have. Superb mark athletatism field kickings good.quite quick set shots are but up and down but definitely improving.. he's a keeper i

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God you are a flog.

Agreed - he's on a rapid improvement curve and we now have top end development coaches to further that.

Needs to send all pre-season running though. And the next four after that too.

God you are a flog.

Too busy signing petitions and getting on the cans as the only paid-up member of the club.

Finnbar is a project player who'll be given time to eventually be serviceable at AFL level.

Maybe circulating a petition to sack the coach WILL save us, ay!!

Finnbar is a project player who'll be given time to eventually be serviceable at AFL level.

Maybe circulating a petition to sack the coach WILL save us, ay!!
Ha! Clarko & our team going great guns as you can see 👍👏👌…. No need for petition ….
He’s doing the job all by his himself… tmp.gif

Ross, Sellars had only one kick, leaves the AFL business averaging .5 kicks per game. That must be a record of sorts. Also .5 marks.
But I do jest as I don't really care about the devil in the detail.

Think you're a tad harsh on Maley, he has improved a lot and is putting in effort to improve further. Wish a lot of our list had his attitude.
As rookie selection I think it's a great outcome.

Was taking contested marks in the VFL that very few on our list are capable of. Hoping he can continue to take steps forward in his all round game as clearly his contested marking would be a real asset if it can translate to AFL level.

In one of the preseason games this year (against Carlton I think) he took somewhere around 10 or 11 marks, more than half of them contested. Heaps of potential. If he can get consistency into his game and play something akin to that one pre-season game, and kick goals, and pinch hit in the ruck, he could find himself as a regular in the senior side before too long. Sensible list management to have a look at him for another year. Anything is possible with this guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #39: Finnbar 'Moose' Maley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back