Player Watch #39: Koltyn Tholstrup – signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminded me a lot of Petracca's first game. Got tackled a tonne. A big wakeup call to the speed of the game.

Give him another week or two imo. Throwing him back to Casey after one game doesn't do his confidence any favours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's looked ordinary at Casey tbh though in the couple of games he's played. I like the kid, but he's not close to being ready.
I didnt see last weeks VFL but kind of agree, hes playing coz the cupboard is bare. Wasn't a horrific debut but you can see that he needs to get some more VFL games into him.

Looked OK. Got caught often as others said, but will be better for the run and hopefully adjusts to the pace with more games.
I think this is the true value of a debut game like that.

Tholstrup will now truly appreciate the step up in pace from training match simulation, VFL games and AFL practice matches to the real deal.

He showed a few good glimpses and his hands were clean. All part of his development.

Last two weeks a fair turnaround from his debut. Reckon we have found one here. 23 pressure acts suggests he will be a menace around that high half forward area. Just looks a touch off the pace with his disposal. But as soon as he gets the pace at senior level, i reckon he'll be a damaging player. Loves the lip as well. We need a few blokes that love the niggle. Decent couple of weeks from the young Kolt!

Yeah I thought he was solid too. Makes things happen.

Actually had a few opportunities in a scrimmage/stoppage situation where he found space to do damage (use his pace to power forward or even kick a goal) but tried to be unselfish. With time he should be encouraged to back his attacking instincts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #39: Koltyn Tholstrup – signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Back