Delisted #39: Pat Voss - Stiff Armed by Essendon on Oct 25. Refer to #556

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re not gonna delete this post once he starts playing bad now?
actually I deleted the last post because I had second thoughts about being a smart ass. Too late now I guess.

it's very weird how people get so defensive of an obvious mistake of list management. we clearly got this one wrong. you don't have to make posts re-writing history, no one at the essendon football club is going to give you money for defending them online.
It is also funny how people use their own facts and make them truth. The timeline I posted in post #655 on the VFL stuff was exact.

Last edited:

it's very weird how people get so defensive of an obvious mistake of list management. we clearly got this one wrong. you don't have to make posts re-writing history, no one at the essendon football club is going to give you money for defending them online.

What was the mistake?

He would be behind Langford, Stringer, Jones and Caddy if he was here.

What was the mistake?

He would be behind Langford, Perkins, Jones and Caddy if he was here.
But in front of others.

He would absolutely only be getting games if others were injured. Nobody is disputing that.

He'd be AFL depth at best for us, but we've got players on the list that aren't that. Weid being the obvious example.

Uh what?

Who has said that?
I knew I could get a reaction on the Weid post.

And the info I have was Voss was not big on following instruction and was in the group of players Scott took aim at as far as non professional. The message for him was do not **** up the Fremantle chance .

Like I have said a few times. I was wrong on what level he could get to but I do not see it as a big list management issue.

But in front of others.

He would absolutely only be getting games if others were injured. Nobody is disputing that.

He'd be AFL depth at best for us, but we've got players on the list that aren't that. Weid being the obvious example.

Sure but Weird was contracted and Voss was not and neither were going to make it past this year with us.

Voss has done well and I am glad he is getting games now. I still think delisting him was the right call.

And the info I have was Voss was not big on following instruction and was in the group of players Scott took aim at as far as non professional. The message for him was do not heck up the Fremantle chance .

Like I have said a few times. I was wrong on what level he could get to but I do not see it as a big list management issue.
I replied to a post. How's that getting a reaction?

Sure but Weird was contracted and Voss was not and neither were going to make it past this year with us.

Voss has done well and I am glad he is getting games now. I still think delisting him was the right call.
Means very little.

I think Voss could've had a longer future with us. To each their own mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was the bloke who had no chair when the music stopped. The other "not as professional " blokes had contracts.
He is not doing anything now that suggests he is some sort of massive loss. I was wrong about him not being AFL standard but him being an average AFL player is not going to make or break us. He still can not take a contested mark to save himself and his kicking is nothing special.
He had a bit of a reality check. He went over to Perth with an improved attitude and won a spot. He is now playing AFL footy . It is a good story. I am not going to cry because we lost an okay medium forward.
I would be playing Guelfi in front of him as well and I am happy with Caddy .

See my last 100 posts on the topic.

And the info I have was Voss was not big on following instruction and was in the group of players Scott took aim at as far as non professional. The message for him was do not heck up the Fremantle chance .

you heard that a 19 year old had some issues carrying out instructions? that's crazy.

you heard that a 19 year old had some issues carrying out instructions? that's crazy.
Was a bit more than that . When you get a message from your manager not to **** it up again then the picture is pretty clear .
There is a difference between not being able to carry out instructions and simply not doing them and playing your own game .
Not just the on field stuff either.

Last edited:
What was the mistake?

A fringe player who wasn’t exactly lighting it up in the 2s with some questions around his professionalism who was out of contract got delisted.

I haven’t really seen anything in his time at Freo that suggests we’ve missed out on anything other than depth and I’m not sure why people are making such a big deal out of it. If he goes on to win a Coleman or something it’ll probably look like a sliding door moment but until then I don’t really see the decision as something to make a big deal of.

What was the mistake?

A fringe player who wasn’t exactly lighting it up in the 2s with some questions around his professionalism who was out of contract got delisted.

I haven’t really seen anything in his time at Freo that suggests we’ve missed out on anything other than depth and I’m not sure why people are making such a big deal out of it. If he goes on to win a Coleman or something it’ll probably look like a sliding door moment but until then I don’t really see the decision as something to make a big deal of.

Went to the Freo board to see what they were saying and most have him in the outs going into next week.

Went to the Freo board to see what they were saying and most have him in the outs going into next week.
Voss is still depth for us. He’s only come in recently when Darcy’s out. Otherwise Jackson takes his place in the forward line.

He’s in the outs only because Darcy is back next week and we never play 4 KPFs. I think everyone would agree that he isn’t getting dropped on form, and it’s tough for us to drop him. He was actually pretty impressive for us up forward. Took the most marks i50 for the team (4) and he’s surprisingly good when the ball hits the ground too.

His only issue is that he’s kicked 1.6 in the past two weeks, but the whole team has kicked a combined 13.33 in that time so he’s not alone.

Vossy said after his debut he was keeping the seat warm for amiss.
I like the kid, he has a bit of attitude about him, astute enough to know his place.

Moving out of Melbourne might be his making.
We have recruited a bunch of squeaky clean nerds to the club after the issues we had with hogan, bennel, yarran and co.
Should keep him on the straight and narrow while he can bring some mongrel to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back