Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotchin's against Geelong in the 2017 QF was goal of the year by a mile (no disrespect to Dan Rioli).

Attacked the contest at speed, ridiculously clean pick-up in the midst of a 360 spin, and a left foot snap from 40 out. Just a joke how good it was.
That piece of play was awesomeness on display...
Pay attention kiddies this is how one is able to impact a contest and influence the scoreboard and destroy the oppo's confidence all in one magnificent go!
All together now...one...two...three...Cotchin you are a fecking Legend!

Imo the best goals from the 17-20 team were as follows:

1. Dustys 4th goal in the 2020 GF shrugging off Danger.

2. Dustys 2018 QF goal on the boundary against the hawks

3. Cotchins 2017 QF goal.

Anybody have better ones I may have missed?
Dusty's fourth in the 20 granny is just ridiculous. Epic.

He might actually prefer it if his 300th is outside VIC.

Seriously he doesn't really care for it nor does he focus too much on milestones either. That's just how he is, it's his personality. All he wants to do is contribute as much as he can towards the club (he's done that in spades).

I say get the 300th game done in Sth Australia at Adelaide Oval. We will need him against Adelaide.

Play his 301st match back in Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and have a full stadium off adel flogs boo him... no thanks
#300 at the G with a adoring audience who will make it a celebration.
not much else to celebrate this season,so we can make it a huge club day - and smash the Dawks!

So is dusty going to play his 300th in Adelaide?

No chance. Club isn’t silly … and neither is his manager Ralph Carr. 70,000+ Tiger fans can say thanks… or 35,000 Crow fans can clap indifferently. If we were in the finals hunt fine … but given the season situation an MCG game for his 300th is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dustin is a leader of the club. Maybe not officially as he did not want the attention but it is very obvious that he is during the game.
He is one of our most loyal servants and will do anything for the team. The idea that he would miss a game when his team needs him is ridiculous. That he would miss a game so he can have his 300th at the MCG is so preposterous that only the media could dream this idea up.
I am confident no RFC fan cares if he has a milestone game in Adelaide. We just want to see him play and continue to develop our young players.
I also hope he does zero media.

Dustin is a leader of the club. Maybe not officially as he did not want the attention but it is very obvious that he is during the game.
He is one of our most loyal servants and will do anything for the team. The idea that he would miss a game when his team needs him is ridiculous. That he would miss a game so he can have his 300th at the MCG is so preposterous that only the media could dream this idea up.
I am confident no RFC fan cares if he has a milestone game in Adelaide. We just want to see him play and continue to develop our young players.
LOL.

I think you’re missing the point. He can play it in Adelaide and 5,000 Tiger fans get to say thanks. Or he can have a week off and play it at the MCG and 70,000 Tiger fans get to say thanks.

It’s probably worth close to $1m to the club to play his 300th at the MCG as crowd will be 30,000 more than otherwise.

Given we are 1-11 and he’s nearly 33yo and I’m sure his body could do with a break, I can’t actually find one logical reason for him to not be rested and play his 300th at the MCG. Would be lunacy to deny 65,000 Tiger fans the opportunity to say thanks at the G.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Absolutely nothing to be gained by Dusty playing in Adelaide this week. Nothing. In fact it's a huge risk.

5 day break. Yze would be crucified if Dusty gets injured when he's finally looking like he's shrugged off his soreness and is starting to hit his straps.

With little to be gained this season other than being competitive and getting lots of experienced into younger players on the list, why play Dusty in his 300th away from home ? It makes no sense.

It would deny about 60,000 Tiger fans the opportunity to share it with him, let alone the huge additional value to the club and to Dusty from a marketing and financial perspective.

In a tough season for everyone involved with Richmond, it will be an enormous filip to the entire team and fan base to say thank you to the player of a generation. Of several generations.

I do agree with you however in hoping he gives the media nothing in the lead up. Dustin Martin has always let his footy do the talking.

I don’t care where he plays his 300th. But all in all he’s been the reason why us tiger supporters have been able to watch one of the greatest dynasties of all time.

All I can say is thanks 🙏🏼
That's precisely why he should play at the MCG. In a year from hell, apart from draft night, his 300 will be about the only highlight. Especially so as it could well be his last year. Take the loss in Adelaide. Has to play at the MCG.

He won't miss the Adelaide trip due only to his imminent 300th. He'll miss because he really needs the break.

And this was probably the reason Prestia was managed against Geelong so that we can manage Dusty 5 days later.

It just makes long-term sense.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back