Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading, hearing Dimma spray his shit-speak all over Fox about he & Dusty just "Needin' to see if this could work" - they both bloody make me sick. Clear as day this has been planned for a long time. What a absolute joke of a narrative these 2 have come up with. They must think we are idiots to expect this joke of a scenario.

The sham retirement will be a stain on him & i think he has either miscalculated it, or, genuinely does not give 2 shits about his legacy at the club. I can't think of another decorated player of his stature CHOOSING to not be proud to retire, the greatest "1 Club" player in that teams history - he literally had a spot at the top of the Tiger pyramid waiting for him & he has looks likely to piss it all away to reconnect with Damian "Pot Head Adulter" Hardwick.

What was the point of the bullshit retirement? Was it meant to be a gift to us, a chance for us to say "thank you and goodbye" before you **** off into the sunset with ol mate? The 300th would have been enough of a bye if this was the plan.

If he goes to the Gold Coast, then the retirement was always a bloody sham. We gotta face it - we live in a world where we need to believe David ****ing Schwarz over Dusty & Dimma
C’mon man, we all know Dusty is just a lad who goes with the flow in what’s best for him. He’s not stupid but he’s just that kinda guy, making his world the best fit for himself which no one can begrudge.

Dimma on the other hand is a snake, cheated on his missus, walked out on the club and is now poaching their god to further his existence.

Dustin ain’t at fault here, Dimma is the conniving dog.

C’mon man, we all know Dusty is just a lad who goes with the flow in what’s best for him. He’s not stupid but he’s just that kinda guy, making his world the best fit for himself which no one can begrudge.

Dimma on the other hand is a snake, cheated on his missus, walked out on the club and is now poaching their god to further his existence.

Dustin ain’t at fault here, Dimma is the conniving dog.

you paint Dusty as a hapless fool that knows not what he does. He ****ing knows.

if i gotta read between the lines, Dusty is 95% going up north.
Theyre delaying the news to soften the blow.
If I read between the lines, GC went early, Martin hasn't even made any decision re next year. GC with all the work to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Dimma has lead this thing, but there's a bit of hesitation from both Dusty and the Suns and so now he has to do a bit of PR just to make it so whatever happens seems like a positive/right move for all parties. You also have the salary consideration. Is Dusty really open to playing on a very low wage just to continue his career?

if i gotta read between the lines, Dusty is 95% going up north.
Theyre delaying the news to soften the blow.
Yes, trying to soften the approach to avoid any negative comments especially from Richmond and fans

Sounds like Hardwick pushed this agenda so Martin plays at the suns

Geez, they're walking this back a bit now.

I just see this as more of the pomp and ceremony to make this look like it hasn't been orchestrated for months and months.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them. Nothing could be more accurate when applied to Dimma. He's a snake, a cheat and a very calculating person.

Whatever happens happens ..people disappoint you ..it's a fact of life ...sadly it's only people you hold in high esteem that can disappoint you ..my opinion of most people is so low that they would have to work very very hard to actually disappoint me because I have zero expectations of them ...But if this comes to pass with Dusty it will sting ..no doubt about that ..but that's my problem not his

Last edited:
When someone shows you who they are, believe them. Nothing could be more accurate when applied to Dimma. He's a snake, a cheat and a very calculating person.
Nope, Tiger legend. Can’t thank him enough for what he’s brought into my footy- and Richmond-loving life.

Whatever he does from here on can’t detract from those years of utter joy.

Yeah, all millionaires make there next million, not because they want more money, but because they are professionals who love doing .

If he loved playing footy so much, he should have tried playing more this year maybe.

The money he gets from GC will be a fraction of what he will get from the AFL for years to come through rubbish ambassador roles he will be granted for going there.

Sick of ppl putting it all on Carr. Carr works for Dusty, not the other way around. The excuses fans have made for this guy are unreal

He will get zero from the AFL as he will never do any ambassador type roles. He won’t even attend the Brownlow or go in the GF motorcade. As if the AFL are opening their cheque book to give handouts to Martin. Just won’t happen.

If GC offer him an average or below average contract and Dusty takes it and plays on then there’s zero percent chance his main motivation is money. Zero.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not saying he was a defensive machine but I don't think you can fake 835 tackles, he tackled hard early days & especially & did it at his peak, I think criticisms later on in his career were fair but at the same time maybe a little harsh too.

He was literally told to not defend. And I’m not joking. The club knew it wanted him to have maximum energy for the attacking elements of the game, and didn’t want him spending his petrol tickets on defensive running or excessive tackling.

Criticising Martin for not tackling is like criticising Maxwell or Travis Head for not leaving the ball more often outside off stump. It’s simply not their role within the team.

Reading, hearing Dimma spray his shit-speak all over Fox about he & Dusty just "Needin' to see if this could work" - they both bloody make me sick. Clear as day this has been planned for a long time. What a absolute joke of a narrative these 2 have come up with. They must think we are idiots to expect this joke of a scenario.

The sham retirement will be a stain on him & i think he has either miscalculated it, or, genuinely does not give 2 shits about his legacy at the club. I can't think of another decorated player of his stature CHOOSING to not be proud to retire, the greatest "1 Club" player in that teams history - he literally had a spot at the top of the Tiger pyramid waiting for him & he has looks likely to piss it all away to reconnect with Damian "Pot Head Adulter" Hardwick.

What was the point of the bullshit retirement? Was it meant to be a gift to us, a chance for us to say "thank you and goodbye" before you **** off into the sunset with ol mate? The 300th would have been enough of a bye if this was the plan.

If he goes to the Gold Coast, then the retirement was always a bloody sham. We gotta face it - we live in a world where we need to believe David ****ing Schwarz over Dusty & Dimma

You serious?

Buddy didn’t want to retire and wanted another year before being shoe horned out, remember?

Bartel didn’t want to retire and had a falling out with Chris Scott over being ‘retired’.

Chapman, Kelly went to Bombers as they didn’t want to retire. Stevie J went to GWS.

Lockett came back two years after retirement and played 3 embarrassing games for the Swans.

Tim Watson was talked out of retirement after a year off.

Brereton went to Sydney and Pies after being cooked at the Hawks.

Hodge went to Lions and Sam Mitchell had a season at the Eagles.

Dougie Hawkins spent a season at Fitzroy.

Petrie went to Eagles for a year after 300+ at Roos.

Boomer Harvey desperately wanted to play on but was retired off.

Even our own Jack Riewoldt, Edwards and Cotch probably played a year too long.

There’s a gazillion other examples.

You either have zero knowledge of football history or are 14yo. Which is it?

I reckon Dimma has lead this thing, but there's a bit of hesitation from both Dusty and the Suns and so now he has to do a bit of PR just to make it so whatever happens seems like a positive/right move for all parties. You also have the salary consideration. Is Dusty really open to playing on a very low wage just to continue his career?
i dont think its about the money, if anything it will be lifestyle choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back