Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe how over emotionally invested some people (in fact a lot of people) are right now. Who cares if he goes elsewhere? Industrially he hasn't done anything wrong. He has seen out his contract as promised so industrially he is allowed to look at other options because his contract has run its course to the end.

People should be more annoyed at Bolton and Daniel Rioli for wanting to leave whilst still within the compounds of their contract.

Good luck to Dusty in whatever he chooses to do. Dusty delivered so much for Richmond, don't ever forget that.

If anyone here turns on him then that is a reflection on you as a person. Pretty immature I think.
If there is one player, I wanted to be a one-club player it was Dustin Martin, I don't really get invested in players anymore, I keep saying I see them as assets but if he goes to the Suns that is really sad for his legacy. but that's just my opinion.

I could less more about the playing aspect of him going there it's more that now he is not a one-club player for Richmond which pisses me the fk off.

It’s not something we can control and ultimately the only person it potentially hurts legacy wise is Dusty

If he’s fine with it so be it

I confess, I bought a Tassie $10 membership but I dont want Dusty to go to the Suns

If there is one player, I wanted to be a one-club player it was Dustin Martin, I don't really get invested in players anymore, I keep saying I see them as assets but if he goes to the Suns that is really sad for his legacy. but that's just my opinion.

As I said, who cares. It is what it is. Happens all the time - players changing clubs. It's not something new. It's part of the AFL landscape.

He's a champion of the club and that's all there is to it.

this is what happens when a toxic ex-coach shows the easy way out and sets an example, spreads like a cancer. a dog act.

the very blokes that made the place will be the same blokes to destroy it. thanks for the memories, get farrrrkked!

the way everyone has jumped ship and does not want to be around is unprecedented in our league. something is seriously seriously wrong.
Exactly.

It's stupid to believe that without Dustin we would not of won 3 flags because that's not true.

The truth is that we were a system based team (a system invented by Blake Caracella), but when we were emasculated Hardwick couldn't come up with another way without Caracella. In conclusion, Hardwick and Dustin at Gold Coast, if it happens, are really going to embarrass themselves, because those two fools still don't understand that without the system Caracella invented that they wouldn't have had any success.

Remember 2022, we won every game Kane Lambert played in! It really was players like Kane, Edwards and Prestia that really got us going during that run and Dustin was just the beneficiary of their efforts.

Hardwick and Dustin wont do anything at Gold Coast, both have no idea what they're doing.

I hope Dustin goes to Gold Coast so I can be proven right.

So your harsh assessment of Martin, did you have the same assessments during Richmond's recent successful era or do you have sour grapes because there's a possibility that he may play at another club?

Pretty disappointing to be honest. Ultimately though I blame the AFL, think we are still in their bad books as evidenced by the umpiring. Don't think it's too hard for players and staff to put it together and realize the AFL is going to make sure we will achieve nothing for the foreseeable future. So why hang around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty disappointing to be honest. Ultimately though I blame the AFL, think we are still in their bad books as evidenced by the umpiring. Don't think it's too hard for players and staff to put it together and realize the AFL is going to make sure we will achieve nothing for the foreseeable future. So why hang around.
theyre in our black book

Yellow Pages Not Happy Jan GIF

Dusty should have said straight up he's going to the fold coast.

Thanks for the flags and memories Dusty, no thanks for the shady transfer to gc.

How many people spent their hard earned on overpriced retirement merch then get burned by this?

In my mind there has to be compensation. Whether a FA is restricted or unrestricted is inconsequential. The contracts run to October 31, so the FA & trade period occurs before that. Sadly, the compensation is calculated by the AFL & they will screw us over without doubt. I reckon they will bless us with a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Dusty is a legend, always will be. Doesn't mean you can't criticise the exit and how it's been orchestrated.

Getting sick of the ''3 flags mantra.'' - ah well they got us three flags they can do what what they want (so Dimma is all good to f*&k us over then?). Same goes for the ah well we won 3 flags doesn't matter if we just had our worst season of all time. Hope the Club doesn't think like this, got to continue to be ruthless and try to be the best.

People are getting too caught up in emotional attachment to players. They are assets, pure and simple. They have 1 skill to sell and need to make whatever money they can before that skill is no longer valuable. I sell my car after a few years and buy a new one - I got the best years out of my car before selling it and someone else can enjoy the second hand car which might fit their needs perfectly but it will never be as good as when I had it. If Dusty wants to sell what remaining skill he has then fair enough but it will cost him in Tigers’ memorabilia sales so I hope he gets good value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back