Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s November got to do with it? Surely Dusty is a free agent and therefore has to nominate his new Club by October 11th?

I highly doubt Dusty rang Dimma and asked the question, by guess is Ralph Carr reached out to Evans, who handed it to Dimma who spoke to Dusty. There has always been a circus around Dusty and Carr is the ring leader. He has been astute in his dealing an and a clever manipulator of the story and the media. He’s from show biz of course he knows what he’s doing. Grows Dusty’s brand makes him more money. Prolongs the story and adds to the mystique.

But surely it’s been put to bed now
“Guess” being the operative word here.

Lots of guesses historically going on with regard to Dustin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s November got to do with it? Surely Dusty is a free agent and therefore has to nominate his new Club by October 11th?

“Guess” being the operative word here.

Lots of guesses historically going on with regard to Dustin.

Yep that’s why I stated it as a guess. Because no one knows shit. That’s the way Dusty as played it his entire career.

I thought there would be more chance of KB growing a full head of hair than Dusty playing for the Suns.
not too late for a trip to turkey

His highlights from 2023 (last year).

Sad how the cliff came quickly in 2024. Injuries? Lack of motivation? New coach? Combination of all of these things? Who knows. But in 2023 he averaged 23.6 disposals and 1.2 goals per game and just missed out on making the All Australian team.

Can you imagine though if he did end up at the Suns & they trade in Rioli. Their young list of A-Chip recruits all developing- Dimma in the box with, a slew of other great coaches. They end up winning a bunch of games - but still miss finals by 1 game and are still only getting 10,000 a game with over 50% of that often away fans travelling down from Brisbane?

You'd have to close the club up if they couldn't make finals and/or draw a crowd with that group of people involved - Dusty on the list

Controversial, but if the AFL folded up the Suns & Nth & then added a Tassie team with the ability to collect Tassie born players - the league would be far better with that extra talent being shared between the teams. I think the quality of AFL, several games a week, was incredibly poor this year

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back