Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been down here over a month and leaving again next week ,it’s not the Melbourne I remember
the dozen motorbike shops in a row Swanston st gone.replaced by dumpling eateries
big daddys rock n roll shop Lt Collins st,gone,minotaur books top of Lt Collins st,gone,heavy metal central records station flinders st,gone.:disappointed:

the dozen motorbike shops in a row Swanston st gone.replaced by dumpling eateries
big daddys rock n roll shop Lt Collins st,gone,minotaur books top of Lt Collins st,gone,heavy metal central records station flinders st,gone.:disappointed:

Gaslight Records. Au Go Go Records. Melbourne Sports Depot.

what about the shaft and Barrel cinemas ???

I'm over Dusty...
The Club and supporters have had his best...
For me...with his injuries, increasing age and family issues...it all has lessened my Dusty interest!
I hope the GOAT stays as a one Club player other than that...my waning interest lays in hoping for a F/S...
Time to move on...
4 more games to go after the Collingwood game..
What the final month will hold for us and him is anyone's guess.
'The final chapter' one would have to think.

I am 100% sure Dustin Martin is going to take your opinion into consideration when he weighs up his playing future. :D
I never asked him too. Its how i dont consider you crap opinions when i make my own.

He can do what he wants & myself & the media are just as free to judge, howl & comment as much as we like. And if he feels thats a problem, then he needs to remember, it was his decision to put himself in that situation

Archies and Jugheads for the best imported overseas Vinyl!
Bought my best black leather jacket from those motorbike shops in Elizabeth street and still have it!
Space Age Bookshop and McGills Newsagency both gone!
Melbourne had changed completely by the time the TV Show In Melbourne Tonight finished!
It all just disappeared like the Holden never to return!
But good eateries and coffee!

My completely ill-informed, subjective and speculative opinion is that he will retire at year's end. I don't think he'll go north. I thinks he's a one club player but I feel he's never played for accolades or individual awards, its always been for people and his 'people' have retired or moved on.

I’m still of the view that he’ll retire at game 300.

I’ve been talking a lot with Fev recently

I'm over Dusty...
The Club and supporters have had his best...
For me...with his injuries, increasing age and family issues...it all has lessened my Dusty interest!
I hope the GOAT stays as a one Club player other than that...my waning interest lays in hoping for a F/S...
Time to move on...

I’ve been a bit Dusty fatigued too tbh. I initially wanted him to go another season but he looks cooked and I can’t deal with another year of Dusty moving speculation cause Dusty cbf saying to the media he is/isn’t going.

I think it’s really poor form for somebody that says he loves the club and it’s supporters. Surely he knows how the supporters feel about this issue right? And he can’t play this shy/hates the media cop out, he a 33 year old man ffs and we mean more to him than the media.

Minotaur hasn't been there for decades, same for metal for Melbourne and central station.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's an unrestricted free agent.
I was going to post that too, but when you think about it, it might be preferable for the Suns to do a trade so that Richmond can pay a portion of his salary. They've got history of undervaluing their own draft picks when salary cap pain can be mitigated.

That said, I'm not confident he'll be at the Suns, nor am I confident that I actually want him to be.

crazy that come the end of the year, what Dusty does has less consequence on richmond moving foward then what occurs with Baker/Bolton/Rioli.
It's a good sign that we are starting to move away from legendary idols and viewing the unknown of the draft as a new light moving foward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back