Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinking about it.What a pathetic club gold coast is, first the AFL try Gary Ablett to boost memberships up there did not really work so who is the goat at the moment? Dusty so lets get him up here to boost the club.He is a Richmond champion same as Gary Ablett is a Geelong champion they never were or ever will be gold coast champions.
Just two champions at the end of their careers getting a nice little payback for helping out a club that has nothing.

Anyone that was at the MCG to see our champion off would be feeling a little sad for Dusty..

Might be me trying to be overly optimistic but he may of simply changed his mind re his retirement people can be funny creatures and tend to change their mind on a lot of things all the time

Not everything needs to be a pre meditated move
Not saying you are wrong, but imo this has been premeditated by Ralph Carr. no doubt in my mind.
It was them who went to the Suns apparently. also, despite him not being worth much he still might have triggered us compensation even if it was like a pick in the 40s. he is still rumored to be commanding a salary of 600-700k 2x.

As I said, who cares. It is what it is. Happens all the time - players changing clubs. It's not something new. It's part of the AFL landscape.

He's a champion of the club and that's all there is to it.
it's not the fact that he is going to another club it's the way it was done.

Thinking about it.What a pathetic club gold coast is, first the AFL try Gary Ablett to boost memberships up there did not really work so who is the goat at the moment? Dusty so lets get him up here to boost the club.He is a Richmond champion same as Gary Ablett is a Geelong champion they never were or ever will be gold coast champions.
Just two champions at the end of their careers getting a nice little payback for helping out a club that has nothing.

Anyone that was at the MCG to see our champion off would be feeling a little sad for Dusty..
Move to the GC, fatten the super, bang some bimbos, get a tan. Sounds good to me.

Not saying you are wrong, but imo this has been premeditated by Ralph Carr. no doubt in my mind.
It was them who went to the Suns apparently. also, despite him not being worth much he still might have triggered us compensation even if it was like a pick in the 40s. he is still rumored to be commanding a salary of 600-700k 2x.
He still would if he goes for more than 2 years

Possibly but can’t really get dirty at Carr either
He is ultimately a representative of Dusty himself and acting accordingly to what Dusty wants

If we want to blame anyone, not that I do at all but it’s all ultimately down to Dustin and what he wants

As an aside the club better set up a Judas table at the Jack Dyer medal night

Baker, Rioli, Bolton and Dusty all on the table together with no one else

They get all meals served last, don’t get the meal they ordered, also forced to drink warm cans of beer
1726205049396.png

If Dusty and Dan Rioli want to throw themselves into the Suns quicksand with Dimma, then good for them.

Dusty will only be fit enough to play 5 games. It would make sense if the Suns were on the cusp of a premiership and it was a veteran signing a La Stewart Dew to hawthorn to give them an edge in finals. But this year the suns could barely win a game away from home, they are so far off it and 1 year of Dusty isn’t going to change anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand your point of view but I think you're missing the point of why people are pissed off and rightfully so, it's not the fact he wants a change, it's the bullshit retirement talk. And all the shit that comes with it, just be up front with the club and then the fans, even the staunchest dusty sycophant would have a hard time to justify some of the things he's done this year. This is the straw that will break a lot of backs.

Deception and hypocrisy are bitter pills to swallow.

I disagree that they owe us nothing line too. .. With us fans there is no ****ing club or league or competition. They actually owe us a lot. Has dusty paid his debt? Absolutely, but if he follows through with this plan, he's gone about it poorly and has been ill advised.
Wouldn't it be nice if the club said we owe the fans alot instead of always being the other way round?
Owell.

He owns nothing , body is gone. I'll say it again there was something not right with Dusty and the club. His conduct wasn't great this season looked unfit , travelling while injured etc now this. For me didn't look like he buy in. Retirement was a load of bs. Upsetting that media says he met sun's mid year and reached out to them crap all preplanned.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back