Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Never Loyal?
Fmd some people have short memories
He retired, now he is going to go play for another team. that does not sound loyal to me. the club did just as much for him as he did for club, I don't get how some people can think it's a one-way street. & think he is immune to any sort of criticism; I think it's a shit way he has done it. he should have just been honest & said he wants to play under Dimma, I actually think more people understood that than doing it this way.

Few remember that Ted Whitten went and played one season with North after he left the Bulldogs. He played like 4 games and said afterwards "I probably humiliated myself".

This is not Plugga going to Sydney and cementing his fame. This is more like Carey to Adelaide or Dermie to the pies and swans. It will be an embarrassment, he has no fire in the belly; he was checked out all year. He'll limp to 4 more games, get injured and look like a goose for doing it.

If he wants to go up to the Gold Coast and get some skank time then go up and be an assistant coach or even play in the 2s as a non-AFL listed player. I got no problem with that.

If he wants to be mercenary about it then that's fine but i'll remember him as that campaigner who bullshitted us all and ****ed off with Dimma and not the absolute champion that he was.

Don't expect people to be rational about their heroes.

The truth always matters especially to members. We've been royally ****ed over by dishonesty once and here we are again, wondering what is going on.
I just don’t think it’s that personal

Both Hardwick and now Dusty have made moves based on self interest

For some people that’s the biggest motivation and others value greater loyalty to organisations but you can’t get upset at people for doing what is right for them

No rules have been broken and it is what it is

Media will be lapping this up hashtagging but I reckon it will benefit the Tigers long term.

All speculation but if he goes,he goes,enjoy some Sun and the money.
bigger story than minnowthorn playing a final tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what is it
The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels
collapse iceberg GIF

So people reckon the story jumping from Sam mcclueah to thirsty Robbo gives it more credibility?
More that the Gold Coast have confirmed it now

From the Age.

"When asked about the situation, Gold Coast football boss Wayne Campbell told this masthead: “We can confirm that Dustin has had a conversation with the club and we will both be engaging in further conversations to work out whether it’s a good fit for the Gold Coast Suns and for Dustin.”

The funny thing is when they try and grab Rioli we can say, "great you can have him, and we will pay for some salary, but boy you are going to cough up now".
I dont think it works that way

wont change the rioli deal

I just don’t think it’s that personal

Both Hardwick and now Dusty have made moves based on self interest

For some people that’s the biggest motivation and others value greater loyalty to organisations but you can’t get upset at people for doing what is right for them

No rules have been broken and it is what it is
It is what it is, but it isn't what it should be. And the truth and the clubs compensation is worth fighting for over ex players and coaches self interest.

I'm not saying he should stay, but if he is gunna go we should be compensated out of principle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back