Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

More that the Gold Coast have confirmed it now

From the Age.

"When asked about the situation, Gold Coast football boss Wayne Campbell told this masthead: “We can confirm that Dustin has had a conversation with the club and we will both be engaging in further conversations to work out whether it’s a good fit for the Gold Coast Suns and for Dustin.”

Maybe he is going there as a shoe shiner?

It is what it is, but it isn't what it should be. And the truth and the clubs compensation is worth fighting for over ex players and coaches self interest.

I'm not saying he should stay, but if he is gunna go we should be compensated out of principle.
I think we will be because it hasn’t past the time for list lodgement

So Dusty will be treated as if he hadn’t “retired” and as a unrestricted free agent

So whatever compo we get it just based on that the deal the suns the offer Dustin and if we happen to recruit any free agents ourselves

Goodbye and good luck.

Gave us all he had and left all of us with memories that will never fade. If he pulls on a Suns jumper it doesn't change a thing as far as his standing as an all time Richmond great.

However, my focus will be on the next generation of Tigers

He retired, now he is going to go play for another team. that does not sound loyal to me. the club did just as much for him as he did for club, I don't get how some people can think it's a one-way street. & think he is immune to any sort of criticism; I think it's a shit way he has done it. he should have just been honest & said he wants to play under Dimma, I actually think more people understood that than doing it this way.
I'd be asking the question why and a few other of his premiership team mates wanna leave and or retire .
Pretty clear our current coaches ethos of forgetting the past has a fair bit to do with it.

I think we will be because it hasn’t past the time for list lodgement

So Dusty will be treated as if he hadn’t “retired” and as a unrestricted free agent

So whatever compo we get it just based on that the deal the suns the offer Dustin and if we happen to recruit any free agents ourselves
If that's the 100% the case Im happy for him to go. My only remaining beef is he didn't come out and be honest with everyone.

I say f*** him if he goes, if he's no longer a one club Richmond player I would never buy an item with him on it again, for me its all about Richmond, the players come and go, we supporters are here for the long haul.

Doesn't mean I don't appreciate and love what he did for our club, I just value loyalty and honesty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's the 100% the case Im happy for him to go. My only remaining beef is he didn't come out and be honest with everyone.
I’m just basing that assumption on how the Hodge situation played out Where the Hawks still got a pick after he retired and joined the Lions after

Doubt it will be anything exciting but at least it’s something

As to him not saying anything, absolutely it’s pretty shitty but I’m not going to waste any energy dwelling on it

It’s what Richmond do next that matters to me

More that the Gold Coast have confirmed it now

From the Age.

"When asked about the situation, Gold Coast football boss Wayne Campbell told this masthead: “We can confirm that Dustin has had a conversation with the club and we will both be engaging in further conversations to work out whether it’s a good fit for the Gold Coast Suns and for Dustin.”
Explains the hug.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back