Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

More importantly who has number 4 at the Gold Cost

Wonder what number he will get
Can’t imagine him playing with another number on his back let alone in that proxy red jumper
Just looked it up
Number 4 will be free because of Brendon Ellis pulling the pin

Illuminati confirmed

He’s not retired as far as list lodgement is concerned
We still get compo so no need to melt

As I and a few others have mentioned the same thing happened with Hodge a few years ago
That’s not was said on the radio about jt and if I want to melt I will melt

He’s not retired as far as list lodgement is concerned
We still get compo so no need to melt

As I and a few others have mentioned the same thing happened with Hodge a few years ago

Dusty isn't going to comeback and play for peanuts after being on 1.5mill the past few seasons. Reckon he will still be on more than the league average, the only issue is do Suns have any cap space left and also the AFL secret herbs and spices comes into it and i can see them shafting us because of his age.

Not saying you are wrong, but imo this has been premeditated by Ralph Carr. no doubt in my mind.
It was them who went to the Suns apparently. also, despite him not being worth much he still might have triggered us compensation even if it was like a pick in the 40s. he is still rumored to be commanding a salary of 600-700k 2x.
Yeah - reckon Ralph has his fingerprints allover this - with Dusty retiring he loses 99% of his profile - not even sure of who else he manages anymore.
Even if this all a bit of a smokescreen and does not happen, there will be a few more weeks of will Dusty and wont Dusty speculation and all along good ole boot polish hair Ralphy will be lurking in the background....

the campaigner shouldve done the right thing by the club so we get compo

so much for loving the club
Should have traded him last year if there was any inkling he wanted out, after almost AA season.
People might want to look up what the Suns got for Ablett Jr at a similar age for trading him back.

Dusty isn't going to comeback and play for peanuts after being on 1.5mill the past few seasons. Reckon he will still be on more than the league average, the only issue is do Suns have any cap space left and also the AFL secret herbs and spices comes into it and i can see them shafting us because of his age.
A semi full of brown paper bags with AFL written on the side has just arrived at the Gold Coast Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL rule 17.1 (c)

A player who elects to retire or has lodged a ‘player request for removal from a list’ form (jack Martin situation?), will not be a free agent in that relevant year.

Interesting rule here so based on that dusty/ suns would be too facilitate a trade ?

This stinks to high heaven!!

I won't hate him but this will leave a sour taste.

Dusty retired 3 weeks ago, full of emotions we all felt it.
He did a lap of honour, we cheered him off. He did a lovely speech.

Dimma up to his old dirty tricks!!!
As if this wasn't planned.
& Dimma was on the MCG at the end to give Dusty a hug - probably slipped him a USB with a contract on it the prick.

there was the talk that he wanted out at the end of 23'.
only stayed to finish the contract and knowing we would hold him to it.
why didnt we cash in

the club has been fukt since the end of 2020

AFL rule 17.1 (c)

A player who elects to retire or has lodged a ‘player request for removal from a list’ form (jack Martin situation?), will not be a free agent in that relevant year.

Interesting rule here so based on that dusty/ suns would be too facilitate a trade ?

They’ll give us pick 1000 and we’ll take it

AFL rule 17.1 (c)

This changes things. Didn't know this rule existed.

Probably just means Dusty gets incorporated into the Rioli trade and we get a bit more.

AFL rule 17.1 (c)

pretty sure they got rid of this

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back