Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 2109278
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
shocked philip j fry GIF

Hardwick cares about Hardwick.

dusty and rioli wont be part of GC only flag, can anyone honestly see gc winning a flag in the next 5 years? this is similar to the delids move.
hardwik is overrated in my opinion, caracella, leppa were the brains of our game style. once carra and leppa left hardwick was lost hence why he needs grigga rance and rioli and dusty there.
he done sweet f all this year at the suns
if we can capitalize on the picks we get we will be better off than gc

dusty and rioli wont be part of GC only flag, can anyone honestly see gc winning a flag in the next 5 years? this is similar to the delids move.
hardwik is overrated in my opinion, caracella, leppa were the brains of our game style. once carra and leppa left hardwick was lost hence why he needs grigga rance and rioli and dusty there.
he done sweet f all this year at the suns
if we can capitalize on the picks we get we will be better off than gc

Fly (Craig McRae) was a good assistant coach too. It was a team effort in terms of the coaching including Hardwick.

But yet Richmond acquired Tom Lynch and Dion Prestia.

What's good for the goose is also good for the gander - simple as that.

Players move clubs all the time. It's part of the AFL landscape. Time you accept it and move on.
I love loyalty, idc I understand the landscape but will always value loyalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few remember that Ted Whitten went and played one season with North after he left the Bulldogs. He played like 4 games and said afterwards "I probably humiliated myself".

This is not Plugga going to Sydney and cementing his fame. This is more like Carey to Adelaide or Dermie to the pies and swans. It will be an embarrassment, he has no fire in the belly; he was checked out all year. He'll limp to 4 more games, get injured and look like a goose for doing it.

If he wants to go up to the Gold Coast and get some skank time then go up and be an assistant coach or even play in the 2s as a non-AFL listed player. I got no problem with that.

If he wants to be mercenary about it then that's fine but i'll remember him as that campaigner who bullshitted us all and ****ed off with Dimma and not the absolute champion that he was.

Don't expect people to be rational about their heroes.
I don’t know where you got that from. Ted Whitten did not play for North.

I love loyalty, idc I understand the landscape but will always value loyalty.

Loyalty is important, but we as supporters can not moan and complain because we acquired players from other clubs during our successful era. Prestia, Lynch, Nankervis.

As I said, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. You win some and you lose some. The AFL landscape allows players to move clubs....blame the system in its current form.

Earlier in the thread you said he gave us 3 flags, he can do what he wants, he owes us nothing. Now you say it’s a shitty way to treat the fans and club members. Well, which is it?

I am really disappointed in him, I thought he had a bit more class than this. It’s not like he would need the money. If it was some sort of coaching role, I wouldn’t mind so much, but to play for them feels like a slap in the face to me. How could he want to prove any of the media correct? He supposedly has no time for them.

There is just no such thing as loyalty any more whatsoever. So disappointing.
He owes us nothing and it’s a shitty way to do it. Two things can be true at the same time.

Also, he didn’t give us three flags. He played a key part in delivering them, but only a part.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back