Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

If he plays for Gold Coast then he deserves all the criticism he receives. No statue on Punt road and booed at the game we played them in. If he has the energy to play in the gold coast then he had it to help rebuild what we have now with all our draft kids coming through. Imagin we had a kid like Lalor or Smillie to learn of Dusty in their first year?

Weak as piss if he plays there

there are campaigners that named their kids dusty for christ sake
All the dusty merch worth nothing now , my son has a special dusty Richmond footy card , told him couple weeks back not to wreck it and keep in good condition and in 50 years could be worth quite a bit , not anymore worthless now .

Not a real Richmond man and neither was Dumma in the end , both pulled the wool over the fans eyes x

“ ohhh I’m burnt out coach “. Nek minute new job new club

“ ohhhh I’m retiring from footy , 2 secs later , that was a lie sorry I’m heading to shit coast now “

All the dusty merch worth nothing now , my son has a special dusty Richmond footy card , told him couple weeks back not to wreck it and keep in good condition and in 50 years could be worth quite a bit , not anymore worthless now .
mate. you need to do some research.
Dusty has some cards that would make people's eyes water.

Fact is us supporters are the only ones with ultimate loyalty. Players, coaches, administrators come and go, it's just a job for them - bar a few exceptions. Success will always be admired but if you want to be and remain loved, only loyalty can do that.
Richo was an exception. His heart bled yellow and black because of his old man.

Dusty can do what he wants but football is a passion for many of us and you can't expect passionate fans to be rational about this.

I mean Collingwood turned over the photo of Ron Todd when he went to Williamstown.

Sure it's just business. But for some people it will be way more than that. And dimma should know that, the campaigner.

When KB felt he was getting undermined by the club in 79 he approached Tommy Hafey about transferring to Collingwood (and dusty could hardly say he was being undermined at Richmond). Hafey talked him out of it. What a man of dignity and honour.

Unlike Hatdwick. **** you and the horse you rode into town on.

Last edited:
Dusty rarely sprinted or tackled, left that work to others.
He won the ball himself or had it feed to him so he could do his brilliance.
If he is reasonably fit he can still be effective with a good group of players around him.
Dusty still has two years in him. Forget about this year as he didn’t give a shit about it as he wanted out early on. Go on 2023 form where he was still very dangerous and he will thrive in an environment with his mates like Dan, Tross, Griggs and Dimma. They’re all cut from the same cloth.

Anyone who plugs a younger meat hole when you have a loyal wife and two kids manning the forte at home is a pig and I have always maintained that it severed the club from sources amongst the group. Everyone jumped down my throat saying oh hahaha bs, well now it all comes out. How many times does the rancher need to plug your wife before you finally take action. You want Rioli? You pay up or we just keep him.

By the way, you all want gossip? The club is furious. Internally furious, and Taranto is livid. Bloke had Dusty also help pitch the dream. Things could really blow up if this move happens. I hope Gold Coast pay up big.
Something is not gossip if it’s true. Blind Freddy can see the club is burning inside and that’s why people are escaping from the fierce heat. It was still Gale’s fault for not taking the advice from ???? to sack the prick . Gale was spineless at the time and now the club is in free fall to hell . Hardwick is Hardwick bc he is allowed by spineless people to be Hardwick.
Hardwick is like matter as he cannot be created nor destroyed as he combines with other matter to form another compound.
He seems to always time his exits perfectly once he sucks all the blood and Oxygen in his environment. Sadly he convinces people to go with him as they are cut from the same cloth morally. We are all seeing the true work of this evil monster now and suffering as a club bc of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is in the Team of the Century

That was up until 1999 and it would be interesting to see changes to it. I said it 2 years ago TOC are useless as they are comparing players over too many generations. With changes to the game, ground conditions, player professionalism, diets and physique It's all opinion away and means nothing to a lot of people. I personally think it should be players TO The 25years as it locks in a smaller generation gap with not as many drastic changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back