Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

We will always love dusty, the prison handcuffs against Carlton prob my finest memory or him live, after that snap against Brisbane Rd 23 2019, the snap against gws pf 2019, the left foot dab to houli for our 2nd goal in the 17 gf, the demoralisation of Stewart in the 17 QF off half back, the tap from riewolt in the 19 PF to get us back in the 3rd. What a gin. Watching the 20 PF now, he's another level, but lynch is huge with running capacity. Lambert irreplaceable. Cant blame dust for trying something new, he'll waste away at tigerland as it is now, he's not a killer no more. Hopefully dimma gets that back, they have an understanding. Streetfighters

Self report a couple of typos there... we got spoilt on dusty. He gave more than we could've dreamed, and he made cotch the player he was. What an era. He'll still be better than ablett up there. No comparison.

One thing I wished to see was dusty and swann playing big v. Those 2 would fgn kill. Fev in that sode too. Ratbag central

Yze has to find his arseh*le side. It's there, and in fairness might take till his 3rd season but he must find it. Conditioning and tackling. Players have to want to hurt the opp. Rattle and intimidate. I don't care for finesse, I want blood. Warner's lap of honour after the qf with a bloodied mouth was crude and brilliant. Anyone but geelong in 24. I'm going for port, even though I yelled they weren't good enough at the G in rd 6 or 7

Astbury rucked the majority of the 20 pf. We tackled like maniacs. Houli as good groundball hands in traffic as anyone. That team would take any current side. Danger and scott still haven't really recovered from the gf. 2022 was a sacrificial lamb, njured Reid and the pretty boys gifting ot to the TV week team. Rainer to kick 4. Rowan and Guthrie left out. Hawkins late inclusion

No more injuries. Hopper aged 30 years when he signed, like Chris knights. Mansell now our most dependable like mccreary. Fully conditioned. And broad/nank. I think dusty half arsed has sent the wrong message to some youngsters. Compare the physical condition of hawthorns Watson to some of our nnewbies.why does Dow still look 12 years old?

Nothing he has always been shy man of a few words. Don't get the hate it has been documented for months what he was going to do, we not going anywhere so whats the problem? Loyalty I hear you say what is that now days?
As I said, it’s not loyalty, but honesty I would expect at this stage.

Just be a man and tell us what your plans are.

Maybe he was spectacularly badly advised by a PR team trying to stage manage all this?

As I said, it’s not loyalty, but honesty I would expect at this stage.

Just be a man and tell us what your plans are.

Maybe he was spectacularly badly advised by a PR team trying to stage manage all this?
if his plan was to avoid as much media as possible by sneaking in the backdoor at the suns he has made a grave miscalculation. wouldve been done in goodwill and the hype would be gone by now if a trade was brokered.
now it has an air of scandal about it and the media loves that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. Show a bit of class and be upfront about it. The way this is going he looks like he's completely full of sh!t, just like Hardwick.
Exactly, that's the issue here. He could've been more honest about his future plans instead led the fans to believe he no longer wants to play football

The one thing that'll annoy me is if he tears it up at Gold Coast after essentially going through the motions whilst on a sizeable contract the past 18 months, despite stating he still has the hunger to contribute, but his demeanour on field has shown frequently he didn't really seem to care.

That cretin manager of his would have told him to go about it this way.
Why are you trying to blame Carr and likewise for people with Dimma

Ultimately Dusty has called all the shots no one else

I don’t even know why people are getting shitty at Hardwick for trying to get him over… of course he did
His job is to literally make the suns the best team he can

Imagine if people thought Yze wasn’t doing everything he could possibly can to make our club tue best club possible

That cretin manager of his would have told him to go about it this way.
Ultimately it’s Dustys decision though. If he was as loyal as he made out he wouldn’t think twice about saying no.

Historically though he did consider leaving us for North/GWS and it was Dane Swan that convinced him to stay with us.

So it looks like to me he’s not a good decision maker, not actually that loyal and is easily influence in decisions by others.

I feel like a bit of fool for believing it tbh.

Whoever thinks this wasn't preplanned is in fairyland longtime ago. I'll say it again this season he was unfit, didn't look interested and unprofessional travelling while injured. Considering this he was still on his big contract. All this bs sun's need to see Dusty desire and want is a smokescreen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back