Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

You could tell how much Buddy was hated after he kicked his 1000th goal.
He gets zero press, and the AFL has shrunk in NSW since he moved here.

Hated yeah, though it’s hard to think someone who took that position would be too upset about what anyone else thinks.

Like Ablett Snr said to Jnr, it’s the only thing you’re good at so make the most from it while you can.

I doubt Dusty is gonna care about Richmond tears AFTER what he’s already done for you guys. Any sane person would take the ca$h..

Sad Money GIF by G2 Esports

If I was Dusty I be pretty sad reading how some supporters reactions and believing everything written in the media as the truth.

Wait to crucify him when he wears the Ronald McDonald suit if you like. But till then put some faith in our hero.

But I doubt he will join GC, and I doubt he reads BigFooty. Any sane footballer should not.

Here is how I believe things played out based on all available evidence …

Martin was somewhat keen for a move to the GC during 2022-23, but the size of his contract and Richmond’s unwillingness to enter into a trade put a stop to anything beyond ‘initial discussions’. Martin happily remained at Richmond.

With Dimma and all Martin’s mates gone, Martin decided the GC move was best for his body and mind, and was sold on playing 1-2 seasons on GC in 2025-26. Carr had been pushing this and Martin was on board, as was Dimma.

However, mid-year it became clear to Martin his body was cooked and he lacked motivation to play, whether that be Richmond, GC or anywhere. He would’ve retired a little earlier but Richmond and Carr knew the 300th was a vital component of his legacy, and he pushed on to 300, receiving a hero’s reception.

He would’ve been happy to retire on the spot, but Carr convinced him to push through in case the fire was relit, with an eye to a GC swan song with a fully fit and motivated Martin.

After a few more injuries and a lack of motivation, Martin realised he was done and retired, with no intention of a GC swansong as he was mentally and physically cooked.

After 5-6 x weeks, Ralph Carr wanted Martin as his only player to play one more season at least. Martin said not interested. Carr said “Just let me ask the question and see what it might look like, as you’re a long time retired”. Dusty said “ok Ralph, knock yourself out”.

If Dusty doesn’t play that’s what I think transpired. If he does then I think it was in the works for many months.

Either way, I genuinely don’t actually give a sh*t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
istockphoto-182778290-612x612.jpg

If I was Dusty I be pretty sad reading how some supporters reactions and believing everything written in the media as the truth.

Wait to crucify him when he wears the Ronald McDonald suit if you like. But till then put some faith in our hero.

But I doubt he will join GC, and I doubt he reads BigFooty. Any sane footballer should not.
Anyone know of any footballers who post on BF?

Apart from kozi of course

Last edited:
Injuries ****ed us this year. Massively. From about round 4 it was obvious we were in an extended preseason for next year. An extended tank if you prefer. That's why so many players like Dusty checked out. Even Benny's mind was elsewhere (and he should have left earlier)

I'm bullish; no club has lined up to rort the draft like we are about to, and usually chronic cellar dwellers who spoon and get good picks never have players with winning experience still playing so the draftees get bad habbits and bad attitudes.

With luck we'll trade into next year and rort that draft as well.
Luckily for us we have Jack Ziebell who went through the Norf rebuild to guide the kids

Yes we should have won more games at the start of the year before all the injuries kicked in.

But we are actually gonna start off with a worse team list next when so many experienced players are gone.

I dreaded at the start of the year we were a risk for the spoon. Now I feel 2025 it’s a certainty.
But but but gun draftees top four locked in

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back