Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m actually quietly confident it ain’t happening now. Reeks of lies by the media and GC.
Orchestrated click and rage bait......Top shelf football is now an entertainment industry more than a skilled tough sport.

As product and full package it needs the gossip, the suspense, the rumours, the innuendo for turkeys to gobble up.

And don't forget the product placement, the ads, with the links/pop ups strategically positioned on our phones, computers and TVs.

CEO's and hightly paid media performers are now treated as newsworthy and are flooding our social media feeds now like never before....changing clubs/networks/getting into shitstorms....

Caro's arrow, Lordo's deep dive, Kano volcano and Nathan Browns media ocre just to name 4, when theres heaps more....

Burnie Vince rings MMM and puts on the voice as an aggressive whinger 'Tom from Torquay' or Todd from Barwon Heads'
that most swallow up as gospel.

Look at some of the crap on free to air like Mafs, Kitchen Rules, The Block....lies, and rehearsed script written productions that often use actors that rate thru the roof.

AFL is now more about the off field dramas than the game itself as it covers up how footy is now not for the purists anymore. Controversy is blown out of proportion, Laura Kane is highly paid to follow this model.

I'm tipping 5-10% of the Grand Final crowd arn't even football followers or regulars....how many rock stars/TV celebs, Kate Perrys entourage, Albo and his mates, Ansett/Telsta/Mcdonals big wigs, Welcome to county dancers and smoke ceremony reps and freeloaders, competition winners that bought a Toyota or a slab of Jim Beams or a fridge from Harvey Norman???

I have had a gutful, I hope it's 8°C with hail and 100 mph winds and a streaker runs on and rips off Katy Perry's top.

rant over. :drunk:

i dont think its about the money, if anything it will be lifestyle choice.

I think to some extent, Dusty is not fully ready to leave the life of a professional athlete behind, although I also don't think he's willing to play for peanuts either so he wants to go on, but under certain conditions.

If Suns have maxed out their cap it's going to be tough to find a way to fit him in. A bit like Buddy at the Swans where they wanted to lowball him and his manager (also wife I think) started shopping him around.

i dont think its about the money, if anything it will be lifestyle choice.

Am I the only one that thinks he’s a baby for wanting to go to the beach so desperately. Like dude you have so much time off in the off season it isn’t funny. The rest of us have to work constantly.

Now he can retire and go, he doesn’t need money. Why piss off the Tiger army that gave him so much?

Last edited:

shithouse for the afl ceo to wade into this topic. Especially one that claims to be a tigers supporter
Haha another faux Tiger supporter , imagine saying your a Tiger supporter but let’s umpires weekly lube the club over and over and over

Haha another faux Tiger supporter , imagine saying your a Tiger supporter but let’s umpires weekly lube the club over and over and over
used to be a south fan when he was a kid then turncoated

You serious?

Buddy didn’t want to retire and wanted another year before being shoe horned out, remember?

Bartel didn’t want to retire and had a falling out with Chris Scott over being ‘retired’.

Chapman, Kelly went to Bombers as they didn’t want to retire. Stevie J went to GWS.

Lockett came back two years after retirement and played 3 embarrassing games for the Swans.

Tim Watson was talked out of retirement after a year off.

Brereton went to Sydney and Pies after being cooked at the Hawks.

Hodge went to Lions and Sam Mitchell had a season at the Eagles.

Dougie Hawkins spent a season at Fitzroy.

Petrie went to Eagles for a year after 300+ at Roos.

Boomer Harvey desperately wanted to play on but was retired off.

Even our own Jack Riewoldt, Edwards and Cotch probably played a year too long.

There’s a gazillion other examples.

You either have zero knowledge of football history or are 14yo. Which is it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Jack was fine. He just didn't expect to have to play evey game with Lynch out.
All the others I agree with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back