Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

These clowns in the media are hilarious.

I don't read the garbage but saw this rather desperate for attention headline today:

View attachment 1989186

So without reading the actual article, if I have this straight,

• Damien Barrett, who is not even good at his own profession, if you could even call what is left of football journalism a profession these days
  • and has as far as I know zero experience running football clubs
  • and has never so much as been employed by a football club department in any capacity
  • and has probably never played football beyond Auskick level, and he was 27 years of age at the time
  • and has absolutely no recognisable interest in the welfare of Richmond FC

• is dead set demanding that Brendan Gale.....

• who is a person of unimpeachable character
  • and is the CEO of the Richmond FC
  • and has officiated over an infamous turnaround in the club's fortunes both on and off the field
  • and is seen as the best if not equal to the best club CEO's amongst his 18 strong cohort
  • and is likely one of the best handful of administrators in my not inconsiderable lifetime
  • and played a lazy 250 odd AFL games, at Richmond FC no less
  • and is situated at a club with major and urgent uncontroversial projects on its plate
  • and is in a uniquely good position to be able to see what the cub requires given his 30 year association with the club in key on and off field roles
  • and he is contracted
  • and the club is miles off even finding a successor, let alone appointing one

• ....MUST be somehow removed from his position forthwith.

• so that the club can BEGIN its rebuild.

Well Wok Fry, if you hadn't ******* noticed, the club already has new players, President, Chief Recruiting Officer, stats person, an almost whole new coaching panel including brand new Head Coach, new fitness staff...but the rebuild can only start when Gale departs. :tearsofjoy:

Thanks for your considered advice *******, but how about you stay in your Lois Lane as a gimp reporter and let the people who have some sort of a vague idea about how to run a footy club take care of the talking parts in this show.

Fmd.

He’s a Tiger hating muppet. One paragraph says Gale’s integrity cannot be questioned. Two paragraphs later says he has checked out.

Deadset clown 🤡

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s a Tiger hating muppet. One paragraph says Gale’s integrity cannot be questioned. Two paragraphs later says he has checked out.

Deadset clown 🤡

He needs a flogging

Like to see him in a barbed wire match with Cactus Jack.
smackdown live sport GIF by WWE

I don't read the garbage but saw this rather desperate for attention headline today:

View attachment 1989186

• Damien Barrett, who is not even good at his own profession, if you could even call what is left of football journalism a profession these days
  • and has never so much as been employed by a football club department in any capacity
  • and has probably never played football beyond Auskick level, and he was 27 years of age at the time

• and has officiated over an infamous turnaround in the club's fortunes both on and off the field
  • and is seen as the best if not equal to the best club CEO's amongst his 18 strong cohort
  • and is likely one of the best handful of administrators in my not inconsiderable lifetime
  • and is situated at a club with major and urgent uncontroversial projects on its plate
  • and is in a uniquely good position to be able to see what the cub requires given his 30 year association with the club in key on and off field roles
  • and he is contracted

Well Wok Fry, if you hadn't ******* noticed, the club already has new players, President, Chief Recruiting Officer, stats person, an almost whole new coaching panel including brand new Head Coach, new fitness staff...but the rebuild can only start when Gale departs. :tearsofjoy:

Thanks for your considered advice *******, but how about you stay in your Lois Lane as a gimp reporter and let the people who have some sort of a vague idea about how to run a footy club take care of the talking parts in this show.

Fmd.
Reckon all this media hate and backlash will inspire Brendan Gale to be super determined to work his ass of for Richmond even more to make sure he leaves punt road in the best possible position he can

Light a fire on them Benny Gale as you did back in 2016 when they laughed and ridiculed you 🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:
Media pile up is absolutely woeful on the champ. They are a bunch of campaigners.

What they don't realise is, for him to be damaging he needs players like; TT, Hopper, lunch around him so he can do his part.

I hope he plays next year and with a full squad around him. Then the media will praise him and say to extend his contract for another 10 years.

Media pile up is absolutely woeful on the champ. They are a bunch of campaigners.

What they don't realise is, for him to be damaging he needs players like; TT, Hopper, lunch around him so he can do his part.

I hope he plays next year and with a full squad around him. Then the media will praise him and say to extend his contract for another 10 years.
Not only is he missing the the guys you mention but he is also quite clearly playing under some kind of injury that limits his movement. He comes out and generally looks really good in the first quarters then just hobbles around for the rest of the game. He will continue to put his hand up for selection because he’s actually about the club and quite honestly he doesn’t care for the media critique. It’s pretty sad seeing him trying play midfield right now because he just can’t compete in there. Wouldn’t be surprised if his 300th gets pushed back to the Carlton game and he misses this week. Looked really sore on Saturday night.

View attachment 1989186

• and he is contracted

Fmd.
We've underachieved but are 17th on the back of injury crisis.

In the meantime NMFC throws $2m at COVID bad boy, 10 gamer, CCJ.

Not only is he missing the the guys you mention but he is also quite clearly playing under some kind of injury that limits his movement. He comes out and generally looks really good in the first quarters then just hobbles around for the rest of the game. He will continue to put his hand up for selection because he’s actually about the club and quite honestly he doesn’t care for the media critique. It’s pretty sad seeing him trying play midfield right now because he just can’t compete in there. Wouldn’t be surprised if his 300th gets pushed back to the Carlton game and he misses this week. Looked really sore on Saturday night.

If he misses this week his 300th will be against the Hawks.

If he misses two games his 300th will be against Carlton.

If he misses this week his 300th will be against the Hawks.

If he misses two games his 300th will be against Carlton.
Yeah I believe he will miss both interstate games, it was already suggested initially he would probably be rested against the crows to be fresh against the hawks for his 300th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d like to see one of the club leaders, maybe the coach, maybe Gale - but probably easier for the coach to do on the back of any journo asking about Dusty’s output, to use that as a trigger to put the media on notice. Something along the lines of (but with more than 2 seconds of thought)…..

“Your question is symbolic of the recent Dusty pile-on. Not directed at you personally, but the media as a collective, HAVE SOME RESPECT! We’re talking about a 3 time norm smith medalist, Brownlow medalist, will walk into the hall of fame, 3 times premiership player and sits comfortably with any present legend of AFL. Humble and cult (actual) hero to many. Extraordinary talents like Dusty result in the media deals which drive the commercials of the game, including salaries of those in the media. Including you.

Fact, Dusty’s output is down on that of 2017 - 2020. Fact, Dusty needs more help than our club can supply right now given the senior players out. Fact, Dusty is managing a calf and is somewhat restricted but putting his hand up, playing a role. Fact, he’s 33 and his role,now, is broader than winning games off his own boot (or in Dusty’s case, also bring others along with him).

Don’t expect miracles from Dusty now, but do marvel at his body of work. He can still operate at a high level. But we have many want to bring him down.

HAVE SOME RESPECT!”

As a dogs supporter I haven't watched Dusty closely for a while. On the weekend , i watched the whole game, and I couldn't believe it was the same Dusty . He looked absolutely cooked and it was like he could only jog around..

He was amazing ( a once in a generation player) but I'd say it's now time to hang up the boots.

As a dogs supporter I haven't watched Dusty closely for a while. On the weekend , i watched the whole game, and I couldn't believe it was the same Dusty . He looked absolutely cooked and it was like he could only jog around..

He was amazing ( a once in a generation player) but I'd say it's now time to hang up the boots.

Not interested in your opinion mate. Worthless addition to a disgraceful chain of speculation.
He is the greatest you will see in your lifetime. He, me, we, are not interested in yet another nobody opining on whether he should play footy.
Sorry, but I’m sick of this crap.

you didn't watch the week before when he 20 possessions in the first half!

he's carrying something but thanks for jumping on the media band wagon!

maybe Bont should retire because its looking like he'll never win a norm smith

mate, we have delisted more premiership players than your peasant club has won flags. No one gives 2 shits about your opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back