VFL Round 6 v Coburg Saturday, May 4, 1:05pm Piranha Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 21 and he's 97 kilos wow!

View attachment 1979105
Before today's match had not kicked a goal in each of his 3 previous matches ...
and the two previous seasons he had a total of 12 career goals ...

however playing for a Lions side that has only won two games in his 3 seasons ... it would be interesting to see what he has if he was playing for a team where he would get supply
This week the VFL side heads north to play Coburg a team who recently won their first game since 2022 when they beat Collingwood a couple of weeks back. This game won't be easy despite Coburgs recent record and we'll need to be on from the start to secure our 4th win for the season and solidify our spot in the top 8.

The Tigers welcome back James Tresize from injury and Kane McAuliffe who was held over for the AFL game last week, but lose Tyler Sonsie who dominated against Casey. It will be interesting being the Saturday game who out of Ryan McAuliffe or Green gets held over just in case there is a late change for the AFL side.

Players To Watch:

Kaleb Smith - been arguably our best AFL listed player in the VFL this season and surely must be close to a debut if he keeps playing well.

Steely Green - Has been named emergency in 2 of the last 3 AFL games so is another who is close to a debut. If he plays he'll be in the midfield mix.

Kane McAuliffe - got a taste of AFL action and has then sat out a couple of weeks as emergency for the AFL side last week. Will hopefully get back to the form he showed to start the season and push his name forward for another AFL run.

Samson Ryan - has been in very good form the last 3 games kicking multiple goals as a forward/ruck and then dominated in the ruck against Casey last week. If he plays he'll hopefully put forward another strong performance to put him in the mix for the Bulldogs game next week.

Jacob Koschitzke - had a very good game against Casey getting reward on the scoreboard. Now he needs to back it up and build on that so that if he gets another chance at AFL level it will be with good form under hit belt.

Mutaz El Nour - with the MSD coming up at the end of May, El Nour will be looking to keep his name in the mix for a possible spot on either our list or another clubs list.

Archie May - like El Nour he will be another one who will be looking to put in a strong performance to try and get him in the mix for a MSD pick up.

Prediction - Richmond to be too strong and to get the win by 4-5 goals

BacksJames Trezise36Mutaz El Nour57Tom Brindley61
Half-BacksKaleb Smith49Lachlan Street55Chad Harris54
CentreAustin Johnson51Joel Garner53Nick Guiney62
Half-ForwardsMatthew Coulthard26Steely Green48Cam Olden58
ForwardsArchie May71Noah Cumberland38Jacob Koschitzke20
FollowersSamson Ryan32Lachlan Wilson82Kane McAuliffe28
InterchangeJed Feneley64Sam Davidson73Nicholas Collier81
Liam George67Tom McCarthy76
EMGHarrison White56Luke Haddara80Liam Thomas72
Matthew Clarkson77
In: Kane McAuliffe, James Trezise, Tom McCarthy, Nick Collier

Out: Tyler Sonsie, Will Bravo, Harrison White, Liam Thomas
The Oracle has spoken

Just watched the highlights gee that FF Bella was impressive, on the lead one grab marks , contested grabs , moves well, is built and thumping kick , could do a lot worse than throw him a jumper ,at 21yo he’s ready to go
I like Bella…worth considering for MSD…good size, has a great background at the Suns academy

Nice figures! But seriously Sampson as a ruckman today was very ordinary!
His tap work at the start was ordinary...tapped to whom?!?
He only marks the footy, cos he's the tallest one competing! Never the pack crashing contested mark!
Good kick of the footy!
Not sure if he'll ever build up physically to compete with the big rucks of the League!
That could take a long, long time!
I'd be more inclined to focus on him playing as a forward!
And look for another Big O ruckman in the minor leagues!
I agree that he’s showing more as a forward than a ruck

Decent set shot and reasonable contested mark, his height at VFL level is his major weapon

Re ruck work, wins plenty of tap outs, in the VFL, but he doesn’t have much of a vertical leap. His mo is to engage the opposition ruckman and use his size to reach over the top. That’s ok at VFL level, but up against stronger AFL ruckman he’s pushed aside. If he had a better vertical leap he’d be playing now. It’s a matter of putting on size and strength for him now if he’s going to become an AFL ruckman

Last edited:

Just play cumbo

outside of MRJ this team has no intangibles or xfactor. Its one of the most sterile teams i can remember.

Just put him in. Tell him, mate, your opportunities from here are finite. Some times opportunities are earned, sometimes they are given on instinct. Ultimately though, they are finite. This week we are giving you one
Bolton does, but I get your point.

I like Bella…worth considering for MSD…good size, has a great background at the Suns academy
Was impressive!! Looked a good mover.
It’s hard to know ? playing against VFL listed defenders can use his size. The next level?
Suppose that’s the question recruiters are asking about every state league prospect.

It’s hard to know ? playing against VFL listed defenders can use his size. The next level?
Suppose that’s the question recruiters are asking about every state league prospect.
Having said that if he has put his name down for the MSD i'd seriously consider him, he'd cost us nothing just like bauer did and you never know he might be a rough diamond that we can mould into a good forward, he does have potential and looked good yesterday.

Having said that if he has put his name down for the MSD i'd seriously consider him, he'd cost us nothing just like bauer did and you never know he might be a rough diamond that we can mould into a good forward, he does have potential and looked good yesterday.
looked good yesterday.
And like Bauer has been in the AFL system previously.
I’m not sure, how he rates against other kpf prospects out there? Very hit and miss, trying to ID a player from State Leagues, but agree definitely worth taking the punt.
Law of averages say you will get a good one eventually

looked good yesterday.
And like Bauer has been in the AFL system previously.
I’m not sure, how he rates against other kpf prospects out there? Very hit and miss, trying to ID a player from State Leagues, but agree definitely worth taking the punt.
Law of averages say you will get a good one eventually
He's still young that's advantageous for him.

His marking ability stands out ,I don’t spill my popcorn over some super rules player taking a bunch of chest marks , these were iron mits clunks , no juggles just clunkkkkkkkkkk , can kick too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it’s personal with him, always bagging him out, not a true supporter, you probably Barrick for Carlton

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why would it be personal

Never met him
wouldnt know him if he fell into cornflakes if not a richmond player

True supporter you say ?
Look at whats on the bottom of my post and see how many cups i have see Richmond win
on you bike kid

You say i probably am a Carlton supporter with your nam being Harry with 3 posts joined today lol

F off

VFl report is up

Reading into that NIWL and Coulthard play seniors whilst Smith ,Green, KMAC2 and Trezise trot around in the VFL again.
Ryan uncertain with .

Coaches votes are up -

Coburg 9.7 (61) def by Richmond 13.15 (93)
Lachlan Street (RIC)
7 Will Bella (COB)
5 Tom Brindley (RIC)
3 Joel Garner (RIC)
2 Hugo Bromell (COB)
2 Kane McAuliffe (RIC)
1 Mutaz El Nour (RIC)
1 Joel Trudgeon (COB)

3 games, 3 lots of coaches votes for McAuliffe who sits equal ninth in the MVP award despite missing 2 games. Great prospect.

LEADERBOARD​

32 Dom Brew (WER)
32 Mitch Hardie (GEE)
28 Boyd Woodcock (SOU)
26 Callum Porter (BHH)
25 Jacob Dawson (SOU)
22 Callum Brown (BHH)
22 Nick Haynes (GWS)
21 Riley Collier-Dawkins (WIL)
20 Ted Clohesy (GEE)
20 Ned Long (COL)
20 Nicholas Madden (GWS)