Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not buying into anything. I’m just sick of all of the media beat up and Dusty himself. Just come open if you’re genuine as it’s totally drama queening on both sides. The blokes on around a mil a year and he’s showboating around when he should be supporting the team and Yze. I’d love to be on a mil a year and take time off with a holiday to NZ and play golf.
Serious bullshit all of this on his behalf for a bloke of his experience. He’s a grown man and not a little kid. He should be at the club helping out our younger guys not Fxxking around everywhere else. Sick of the excuses made up for this bloke now bc the club comes first and not an individual. He’s been paid well for his services.

You do realise he plays golf with his Tiger teammates, don’t you?

It’s amusing that after 15-years you want Dustin Martin to march to the beat of the media’s drum and tell everyone his plans for 2025. I’d be fairly certain he doesn’t know, as even if he’s not intending to continue at Richmond, if an offer doesn’t come from GC or anywhere else that meets his financial requirements, then he’ll probably retire.

Once again, tell me one thing you know as irrefutable fact in relation to Dustin Martin which concerns you so greatly?

1. He went to NZ is a fact. Did he ask to go or did the club encourage him to take some time away with family? Oh, you don’t know.

2. Does he train hard and provide education and guidance to the younger players? Oh, you don’t know.

3. Is he the exact same person around the club as he always is, or is he all of a sudden a trouble maker and distraction? Oh, you don’t know.

He hasn’t recommitted to Richmond and he may not, but he can make that decision whenever he wants, and won’t make it because McClure, Morris and friends throw out rumours and innuendo about him.

He’s doing his own thing and marching to the best of his own drum … as he has done for 15-years. Honestly, in the grand scheme of things this season WGAFF?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Reckon he deserves the benefit of the doubt, I cant fathom this to be true.
Even if it's not as blatant, it's unprofessional what's going on. Why is he asking for leave during a season with his team in huge trouble.

Richmond should have said no, do your rehab and support your team. Or Dusty, feel free to fork out the cash to pay for your family to fly over and see you in Melbourne.

Time to go Dusty.... Thanks legend but it's time. Go be with your best mate that decimated the club.

Yep, it's becoming a circus. Yze and club need to focus on ouGC future instead of Martin.

It appears Hardwick is desperate to get Martin to j
IF Dusty wants to leave there will be virtually no compo as he's an unrestricted free agent. However ,if we offered to pay part of his salary GC could be willing to actually offer a draft pick. Free agents can be traded if both parties agree.

I’d laugh if he signs an extension this week or next. Does anyone really believe introverted Dusty is going around the club turning it into a circus? I think the circus is the media who are trying so hard to get him to leave. He’s entitled to wait until the end of the season to make his decision on his future.

I’d laugh if he signs an extension this week or next. Does anyone really believe introverted Dusty is going around the club turning it into a circus? I think the circus is the media who are trying so hard to get him to leave. He’s entitled to wait until the end of the season to make his decision on his future.
I hope he doesn’t as we don’t need him clogging up our list as we need to focus on a rebuild and then more media drama that constantly follows him as you’ve stated. I think his manager is the rat and does this so he can get the attention.
Yze to survive must get rid of these senior players on the list to start his rebuild asap.

Martin whatever we can get
Grimes retire
Pickett retire
Graham need picks
Baker need picks
Kmac whatever we can get
Short trade
Naismith retire
Prestia retire
Broad as Kmac.

We keep the experience below which is more than what Dimma had in 2010.
Lynch one more year, but will he be right again?
Bolton
Rioli
Balta
TT
Hopper
Flossy
Nank

Cumberland, Dow ,Coulthard and Colima sent packing as well

There should be at least ten players moved on and I have more above so sadly some will survive. Possibly Dow, Kmac , Broad and Short Steps which will be of no use for us starting our rebuild faster.

Last edited:
I hope he doesn’t as we don’t need him clogging up our list as we need to focus on a rebuild and then more media drama that constantly follows him as you’ve stated. I think his manager is the rat and does this so he can get the attention.
Yze to survive must get rid of these senior players on the list to start his rebuild asap.

Grimes retire
Pickett retire
Graham need picks
Baker need picks
Kmac whatever we can get
Short trade
Naismith retire
Prestia retire
Broad as Kmac.

Bolton
Rioli
Balta
TT
Hopper
Flossy
Nank

There should be at least ten players moved on and I have more above so sadly some will survive. Possibly Dow, Kmac , Broad and Short Steps which will be of no use for us starting our rebuild faster.
I think you're spot on.

Grimes retire
Pickett retire
Graham need picks
Baker need picks
Kmac whatever we can get
Short trade
Naismith retire
Prestia retire
Broad as Kmac.

Bolton
Rioli
Balta
TT
Hopper
Flossy
Nank

Yes and add Jack Ross experience who has about 70 games

Grimes retire
Pickett retire
Graham need picks
Baker need picks
Kmac whatever we can get
Short trade
Naismith retire
Prestia retire
Broad as Kmac.

Bolton
Rioli
Balta
TT
Hopper
Flossy
Nank

I think everyone pretty spot on but Prestia maybe 1 more year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.

It’s not Dusty talking to the media, it’s rarely Richmond talking to the media and only commenting on the rumours the media make up. It’s the media’s own self fulfilling echo chamber, Morris says Dusty’s a problem so McLure says Dusty is a problem so some jackarse ask Yze a question so the next morning 4 other jackarse have something to write about.

Bloody hell Dusty has always gone to NZ when possible and now it’s a problem?

It’s not like this is a new thing with Dusty and the media either.

GWS contract
Chopstick gate
All of 2017
And basically every year since 2021-2024.

No other player in the league would generate this bullshit. Dangerfield wishes he had Dusty’s profile.

is he finished? Maybe, but sometimes I think people forget how serious a lacerated kidney is, that he came back from it was impressive but it clearly robbed him of power. Also we’re shit, he’s old, we have no KPF… he can’t ruin the season or the club it’s already in go through the motions mode until next year. He was there at start of the year when there was hope.

Retire or go to GC for a cheap pick but he’ll always be a Richmond champ.

I don't believe he's intentionally doing it but the fact that there's scrutiny means there is smoke and it's not necessary for him to be going to new Zealand and playing golf while injured.

The optics are very bad

This.

It’s not Dusty talking to the media, it’s rarely Richmond talking to the media and only commenting on the rumours the media make up. It’s the media’s own self fulfilling echo chamber, Morris says Dusty’s a problem so McLure says Dusty is a problem so some jackarse ask Yze a question so the next morning 4 other jackarse have something to write about.

Bloody hell Dusty has always gone to NZ when possible and now it’s a problem?

It’s not like this is a new thing with Dusty and the media either.

GWS contract
Chopstick gate
All of 2017
And basically every year since 2021-2024.

No other player in the league would generate this bullshit. Dangerfield wishes he had Dusty’s profile.

is he finished? Maybe, but sometimes I think people forget how serious a lacerated kidney is, that he came back from it was impressive but it clearly robbed him of power. Also we’re shit, he’s old, we have no KPF… he can’t ruin the season or the club it’s already in go through the motions mode until next year. He was there at start of the year when there was hope.

Retire or go to GC for a cheap pick but he’ll always be a Richmond champ.
At what stage does it become harassment lol

Grimes retire
Pickett retire
Graham need picks
Baker need picks
Kmac whatever we can get
Short trade
Naismith retire
Prestia retire
Broad as Kmac.

Bolton
Rioli
Balta
TT
Hopper
Flossy
Nank

i like it except
Prestia - stays for another year
Pickett - stays
and dont think Kmac or Broad will go any where

media pushes it because that nets them another 3 years of headlines covering dusty's suns exploits. He stays with us it just peters out. they know what theyre doing.

Even if it's not as blatant, it's unprofessional what's going on. Why is he asking for leave during a season with his team in huge trouble.

Richmond should have said no, do your rehab and support your team. Or Dusty, feel free to fork out the cash to pay for your family to fly over and see you in Melbourne.

Time to go Dusty.... Thanks legend but it's time. Go be with your best mate that decimated the club.
strong word's and you do make good points
except the dump on Dimma he did nor decimate the club
divorce happens, its a part of life, the club needed to move on

Jesus dude

Problem is Neon Dion he is lucky to play most of the season.
agree and would not be planning on him playing a full 25' season
reduced $ and a 1 year contract
his experience with new mid-recruits coming into the club and leadership around the club will pay us back
more of a back up to the mid field.
still believe he has some gas and skill to give

Grimes retire
Pickett retire
Graham need picks
Baker need picks
Kmac whatever we can get
Short trade
Naismith retire
Prestia retire
Broad as Kmac.

Bolton
Rioli
Balta
TT
Hopper
Flossy
Nank

Interesting post but as I said 14 changes won’t happen lol

Interesting post but as I said 14 changes won’t happen lol
exactly and my last sentence states that. lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back