Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

A chapter in my life ended today.

What a thrill it was to watch him at his best. Something I’ll never forget.

I can’t wait for the day when I can tell my kids and my grandkids that I watched Dustin Martin play. I was there when Dustin Martin won 2 of his 3 Norm Smiths. I was there when he played his 300th, and I was there when he walked off the MCG for the last time.

The king

Football is a ****ing funny thing. Ruined me when Richo retired, heart and soul of the club, one of us.

Same today with Dusty but with a lot more happy memories to reflect on and smile about as the football played at our peak was an absolute joy to watch, so many brilliant moments. What a brilliant team. None more brilliant than #4. Hope he knows how much happiness he and this team has brought to tigers everywhere.

After those three finals losses I was genuinely thinking I may never see a good richmond team in my lifetime, let alone winning a flag. Can't wait to see what the new Richmond looks like next year.

Cheers Dusty

Nice one Suns, **** off into your change room and don’t be part of the guard of honour then. Plastic club.

Thanks for a magnificent career Dusty.

The right man at the right time.

They had to leave for a flight home. Remember, our game was pushed forward

They had to leave for a flight home. Remember, our game was pushed forward
They were in the rooms singing their club song when the guard of honour was happening.

A lost opportunity too to school their players on what football can offer you if you establish a strong culture and stick around the club through the hard times.

That said, probably not a bad idea to shelter them from what plaudits come your way when you play for a real club. Don’t want any more of them getting ideas. 😉

Anyway, feck 'em.

Dustin Martin's Grand Final Performances

Possessions: 29
Contested Possessions: 22
Disposal Efficiency: 83.0%
Shots on Goal: 4
Goals: 2
Behinds: 2
Goal Accuracy: 50.0%
Tackles: 1
Goal Assists: 2
Score Involvements: 9

Possessions: 22
Contested Possessions: 12
Disposal Efficiency: 86.0%
Shots on Goal: 5
Goals: 4
Behinds: 0
Goal Accuracy: 80.0%
Tackles: 1
Goal Assists: 2
Score Involvements: 8

Possessions: 21
Contested Possessions: 10
Disposal Efficiency: 67.0%
Shots on Goal: 5
Goals: 4
Behinds: 0
Goal Accuracy: 80.0%
Tackles: 3
Goal Assists: 1
Score Involvements: 9

Total (average)
Possessions: 72 (24.0)
Contested Possessions: 44 (14.6)
Disposal Efficiency: 79.0%
Shots on Goal: 14 (4.6)
Goals: 10 (3.3)
Behinds: 2 (0.6)
Goal Accuracy: 71.4%
Tackles: 5 (1.6)
Goal Assists: (1.6)
Score Involvements: 26 (8.6)

e0bfebd6cfbbd8aed33222a46067148b.jpg
171c5aece53571f4e78cfc8e3a9a57fd.jpg

The GOAT 🖤🖤
1724647024918.png

And this flog still trying to push on the news Dusty to GC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd be stupid to spend another year or two at another club, especially GC. His body has aged and he'd just tarnish his legacy. If money is an issue he'd still be better off staying a one club legend at the Tigers. The campaigner could release memorabilia for the rest of his life.
R Carr would've told him about making money through memorabilia

As per the rule change last year, only previously listed AFL players will be able to nominate for the draft with financial terms.

Players are eligible for the mid-season draft if they nominated for last year's national draft and were not selected or a player who was delisted last year, or a retired player who delisted himself and has not been on an AFL list for one year or more.

Last year the AFL gave 11 players exemptions to be eligible for the mid-season draft despite them not nominating for the 2021 draft, however the appetite to grant exemptions this year is expected to be far lower.

How does that work?

I thought you cant play for a year after retiring?
You can change your mind up until the last day of delistings in October or Novemeber or whaterver.

So he would move as a FA and if the contract is big enough, we might get a compo pick - thoughunlikely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back