Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes and add Jack Ross experience who has about 70 games
Has he left the butchers shop? Shit pies get a player back from an ACL in 9 months meanwhile Jack Ross 4 week hammy is into his 4th month

media pushes it because that nets them another 3 years of headlines covering dusty's suns exploits. He stays with us it just peters out. they know what theyre doing.
I think it’s media bullshit , but no one can say it isn’t causing distraction at the club,

If there is no more petrol in the tank, then Dusty should call time now and announce a farewell game. I don't believe he will be playing anywhere else. A club would not be putting him on ice in the hope he performs come finals time. He is either finished, or extend his contract for 1 year max and get his body right. Don't care if he missed the rest of the season IF he plays on.

Just end the speculation so the media can focus on other things - like the Free Kick differential ladder was released yesterday. For a "brave" journalist, that's a good story - if you want to talk about the tigers......

I hope he doesn’t as we don’t need him clogging up our list as we need to focus on a rebuild and then more media drama that constantly follows him as you’ve stated. I think his manager is the rat and does this so he can get the attention.
Yze to survive must get rid of these senior players on the list to start his rebuild asap.

Martin whatever we can get
Grimes retire
Pickett retire
Graham need picks
Baker need picks
Kmac whatever we can get
Short trade
Naismith retire
Prestia retire
Broad as Kmac.

We keep the experience below which is more than what Dimma had in 2010.
Lynch one more year, but will he be right again?
Bolton
Rioli
Balta
TT
Hopper
Flossy
Nank

Cumberland, Dow ,Coulthard and Colima sent packing as well

There should be at least ten players moved on and I have more above so sadly some will survive. Possibly Dow, Kmac , Broad and Short Steps which will be of no use for us starting our rebuild faster.
patience grasshopper.

Retirements? Well RFC seem to do them late. Cotchin's 2, 3 weeks before seasons end. Allowed a farewell game etc..Round 20 We still don't know what Grimes, Naismith are doing. Media talk about Baker, Rioli, Bolton leaving. Which may or may not happen but details can't be made public yet.
Martin's situation is different. eternal interest from the GC, now Dimma up there, but now playing poorly, injury affected, , I recall Jack R saying he played through injury in his last year. I highly doubt Martin plays anywhere else. Whatever.

Martin has been a walking headline his whole career, his team mates and the club cope. I think I recall he and Ralph held off till the last minute to announce RFC over North. The next contract is on reduced money so Martin's is not stopping us bringing in an expensive FA. Close to a $million freed up end of 24 allows to go for a FA if required. I guess he will have 2, 3 weeks to decide if he takes our offer.

We are list planning years out. That list will be gone in 3 years. End of the day we need fit KPFs

and to be accurate it's foot stress fracture that was announced in april
still hurts to see this kid miss basically the full season , we have missed him big time
Fair enough and we only have one moon boot

Martin has been a walking headline his whole career, his team mates and the club cope. I think I recall he and Ralph held off till the last minute to announce RFC over North. The next contract is on reduced money so Martin's is not stopping us bringing in an expensive FA. Close to a $million freed up end of 24 allows to go for a FA if required. I guess he will have 2, 3 weeks to decide if he takes our offer.

We are list planning years out. That list will be gone in 3 years. End of the day we need fit KPFs
the 17' extension was held off till the thur nite , before the finals because Ralph negotiated a nice payday to dusty with a announcement on the chan 9 footy show.
he knows how to squeeze out every $ old Ralph

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know if Martin requested to go to NZ, or if the club encouraged him to go in order to get some clarity around his future?

Give me one thing you know as absolutely undisputed fact which Martin has been ‘guilty’ of? Not media hype, not rumour, not whispers … absolute fact.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If he requested or the club encouraged him it's a poor look on both parties, as a club not maintaining standards and him as a contracted player currently injured. There the facts in front of you. Take of your blinkers. Nothing to do about clarity over his future.

Whole season has look unfit and lucky can sprint or jog in a game.
His 300th game did the fox interview, yet not even a club based one.Found that odd and disrespectful.

Trouble will be if he stays fit for the rest of the year. Will think he can go around again next year.
We are a much better team when he is in the side. But he is absent more often then not, and you can't plan when that might be. Don't think we should hang onto him or allow him to go on.

The club needs to address this. We're being called a circus by every media outlet now. He's either in or out. If he's not committed, then set up a farewell match this week and end the farce.
The circus is created by the media, not the club. Ralphy adds to it maybe, but it's not the club and not Dusty, or at least he's not purposefully driving it.
Not hearing a word spoken about Grimes who is pretty much in the same position, why, because the media don't care as it doesn't generate any clicks.

The circus is created by the media, not the club. Ralphy adds to it maybe, but it's not the club and not Dusty, or at least he's not purposefully driving it.
Not hearing a word spoken about Grimes who is pretty much in the same position, why, because the media don't care as it doesn't generate any clicks.
No doubt, but it's becoming a distraction now.

Its all pretty ****ing easy to knock on the head and stop the circus in its tracks....unless we're hiding something

Exactly right.
The club just needs to be open and honest and release a decent three or four line statement to quell things, but it's silence just adds to the commotion.

The club needs to address this. We're being called a circus by every media outlet now. He's either in or out. If he's not committed, then set up a farewell match this week and end the farce.
His car gets stolen and its a headline. Him and the club dealt with chopsticks, Dad in the biker gang, getting deported, dying, Dusty copping a 12 month kidney injury. McClures been wanting him at the GC for 3 years. FMD should we have been denying all his crap?

Dustin "the human headline" Martin has a contract offer from us and alleged interest from Suns. 4 weeks left in a season where we may or may not see Martin play.

Haven't heard if Grimes or Naismith are retiring either. Not sure if any player across the league has announced a retirement.

Injured *, travelling to NZ, not playing great footy yet allegedly playing golf.

See how much is true in his autobiography.

RFC have a $million of Martin's money anyhow so FA can be targeted. Long term deals can be loaded differently.

Exactly right.
The club just needs to be open and honest and release a decent three or four line statement to quell things, but it's silence just adds to the commotion.
Who is going to release it , the Tasmanian CEO or the new one ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back