Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Patience poeple - there is no need to rush anything especially for the media's sake. What difference does it make to us now?
We will finish last, we will have a new CEO appointed two weeks before next season we will have 5 picks in the top 30 of this draft. Dusty updates/new will have no impact on us.

That's the problem for me at the moment we lack leadership up top and the hierarchy. You got a CEO out the door he can't come out and talk about reviews, what's gone wrong the future etc. Livingstone has no accountability made to many mistakes , Blair is tied up with recruitment and contracts not his department , President I'll like to hear alot more from and our footy guru told your gone end of the year in Balme.

I am not on board with alot of the comments in here but I would be shocked if the club didnt already know what he's doing next year. My thoughts are he is leaving to GC or retiring and they would prefer to keep this quiet until a time that suits them all to celebrate the end of his tenure, which FWIW, is that right call, he needs to go now for himself and us.

Amazing how easily we all get sucked in by the media.
Why is this a circus? Why does it matter if a decision is made this week or not.
We literally spent a whole two weeks defending the bloke for not doing any media interviews and now you're all complaining about a media created circus.

Last edited:
If he requested or the club encouraged him it's a poor look on both parties, as a club not maintaining standards and him as a contracted player currently injured. There the facts in front of you. Take of your blinkers. Nothing to do about clarity over his future.

Whole season has look unfit and lucky can sprint or jog in a game.
His 300th game did the fox interview, yet not even a club based one.Found that odd and disrespectful.
what Fox one? the post game one with Jack R? Team mate for a decade.
A good place to do an interview on the ground.
Looked as reluctant as **** to even do that

Last edited:
The club needs to address this. We're being called a circus by every media outlet now. He's either in or out. If he's not committed, then set up a farewell match this week and end the farce.

Martin… like 25+ other players every season across the league … is going to decide his future at the end of the season. Why should he be forced into a decision he may not have made yet, just for the purpose of satisfying the media muppets he despises?

This Martin situation is such a non-story. We are bottom of the ladder. He’s a living legend of the club who is 33yo and has a bad back and isn’t sure what his future holds.

It’s only a story because the salivating media don’t know what he is doing next year and they can’t stand not knowing, and are doing everything in their power to try and force an announcement by creating an impression of disquiet and tension at the club.

Don’t get sucked in to the media circus as it just feeds the media cretins what they are wanting.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Martin… like 25+ other players every season across the league … is going to decide his future at the end of the season. Why should he be forced into a decision he may not have made yet, just for the purpose of satisfying the media muppets he despises?

This Martin situation is such a non-story. We are bottom of the ladder. He’s a living legend of the club who is 33yo and has a bad back and isn’t sure what his future holds.

It’s only a story because the salivating media don’t know what he is doing next year and they can’t stand not knowing, and are doing everything in their power to try and force an announcement by creating an impression of disquiet and tension at the club.

Don’t get sucked in to the media circus as it just feeds the media cretins what they are wanting.

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

Its all pretty ****ing easy to knock on the head and stop the circus in its tracks....unless we're hiding something
nah good promotion for the club in our darkest hour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt, but it's becoming a distraction now.
A distraction from what? Our shithouseness? The fact that the media are concentrating on Dusty and not the exploits of the team is a bonus. It means that our kids can just go out and play footy without being analysed in minute detail about what they can't do. We'll just leave that to the Big Footy experts.

There are two worlds that I think we can be inhibiting right now;

World 1 - Strong Leadership
In this world, the club is tight lipped about Martin and we are giving them nothing which is causing them to throw darts at the board. Lets be honest, they are less journalists and more editorialists.

Under this scenario we know what is going and we are having strong conversations with Martin. These conversations are an evolving piece as new things come up like his back injury. Either way we have put a clock on it and have told him D-Day for a decision.

World 2 - Weak Leadership
We are passive in our communication with Dusty and have only really made plans or moves for him to stay with the club. We haven't been proactive in having a dialogue with him about his future and Dusty/Carr is dictating the conversation. As a club we have not sat him down and laid out the conditions that we have if he is to continue with the club.

Lets be honest and say that unless the media have sources at top levels within the clubs or the the assistants of those people then the media is just pissing in the wind on what is happening and if it is a "Distraction"

No doubt, but it's becoming a distraction now.
To who? The media? They created the whole f**king thing.

The players and/or the club? How do we know if it's distracting for them?

The members? Well, I can only speak for myself and it's not distracting me in the slightest. I just ignore it.

To who? The media? They created the whole f**king thing.

The players and/or the club? How do we know if it's distracting for them?

The members? Well, I can only speak for myself and it's not distracting me in the slightest. I just ignore it.
I’m distracted

What was said?

He might play against the Pies. Dusty is really keen to play the rest of the season but they might hold him back. They also gave him some time off over the past couple weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back