Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

To who? The media? They created the whole f**king thing.

The players and/or the club? How do we know if it's distracting for them?

The members? Well, I can only speak for myself and it's not distracting me in the slightest. I just ignore it.
Well Yze and all the other club officials are being hounded about it at every opportunity. I'm sure the players are talking about it. The media, the nuffys on social media. Yze himself said they want an answer.

I'm sick of hearing about it.

nah good promotion for the club in our darkest hour
“It's always darkest before the dawn” is a famous proverb that dates back to at least 1650. It's used to suggest that one needs to preserve through hard times. It's right before things get better that they are the hardest.

strong word's and you do make good points
except the dump on Dimma he did nor decimate the club
divorce happens, its a part of life, the club needed to move on
I think the dye was cast for our current predicament (at least partially) when dimma was in the hub playing up.

We lost mcrae and Leppa, it's been death by 1000 cuts.

I love Dusty and worship the ground he's walking on for everything he's done and given to the club. But the writing is on the wall....and that's completely fine. We need to move on and get back to work.

That's the problem for me at the moment we lack leadership up top and the hierarchy. You got a CEO out the door he can't come out and talk about reviews, what's gone wrong the future etc. Livingstone has no accountability made to many mistakes , Blair is tied up with recruitment and contracts not his department , President I'll like to hear alot more from and our footy guru told your gone end of the year in Balme.

Did you watch him on Talking TIgers?

“It's always darkest before the dawn” is a famous proverb that dates back to at least 1650. It's used to suggest that one needs to preserve through hard times. It's right before things get better that they are the hardest.
I remember my younger days where it was always hardest after Dawn and a good sleep ..................................

A distraction from what? If we finish last or second last?
The media are fw Seriously, imagine we dead set arseholed the bloke , the young blokes would think geezus this guys a legend and he gets treated like shit ,,,he’s basically royalty ,,,,read my lips royalty ,,,that 30mn in the bank ,,,you can thank dusty for 29.9 of it . I have no doubt this is his swan song at tigerland , the club are taking their time on doing it with dignity

The media are fw Seriously, imagine we dead set arseholed the bloke , the young blokes would think geezus this guys a legend and he gets treated like shit ,,,he’s basically royalty ,,,,read my lips royalty ,,,that 30mn in the bank ,,,you can thank dusty for 29.9 of it . I have no doubt this is his swan song at tigerland , the club are taking their time on doing it with dignity
The young blokes would more likely be wondering why Dusty is never in their midst!

The young blokes would more likely be wondering why Dusty is never in their midst!

He feckin plays golf with them. And across the pre-season and season proper, how many sessions has he missed which wasn’t due to his calf injury / back injury?

It’s all just so much overblown BS. The media can say it’s a distraction and the club is frustrated because it’s a classic case of nobody being able to deny it, so they can just say whatever they like.

Do any of us honestly believe Steely Green, Seth Campbell and Jacob Blight bat an eyelid if Martin isn’t there doing rehab day in and day out because he’s given time off to visit family in NZ? Put yourself in that position of a young player …. nobody would give two flying f**cks what Martin does, and if they do care or let it affect their form or professionalism they’d have to be a genuine snowflake.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He feckin plays golf with them. And across the pre-season and season proper, how many sessions has he missed which wasn’t due to his calf injury / back injury?

It’s all just so much overblown BS. The media can say it’s a distraction and the club is frustrated because it’s a classic case of nobody being able to deny it, so they can just say whatever they like.

Do any of us honestly believe Steely Green, Seth Campbell and Jacob Blight bat an eyelid if Martin isn’t there doing rehab day in and day out because he’s given time off to visit family in NZ? Put yourself in that position of a young player …. nobody would give two flying f**cks what Martin does, and if they do care or let it affect their form or professionalism they’d have to be a genuine snowflake.

Well stop telling me he has such a big influence over them when he hasn't been sighted for a month.

We’re they all playing golf in NZ?

Greatest player we’ve probably had both will be glad to see the back of him as he is of no value on or off the field anymore!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’d all with out exception feel honored to say that they played with him

For all the guys bagging Dusty, well, I would hate to hear your thoughts on Pendle's then. Go eat a bag of dicks you disloyal campaigners.

Well stop telling me he has such a big influence over them when he hasn't been sighted for a month.
Hasn't been sighted for a month? How long do you think he was in NZ for? He trained today for f**ks sake.

Jesus Christ, how f**king gullible are you people? The media invent a non-story and you lot fall for it hook, line and sinker.

Last edited:

We’re they all playing golf in NZ?

Greatest player we’ve probably had both will be glad to see the back of him as he is of no value on or off the field anymore!
Farken hell mate! Show some respect

Hasn't been sighted for a month? How long do you think he was in NZ for? He trained today for f**ks sake.

Jesus Christ, how f**king gullible are you people? The media invent a non-story and you lot fall for it hook, line and sinker.
Media literacy in this world is diabolical.

Even worse when as Richmond fans we’ve seen the lies, bullshit and speculation around what happened in the restaurant, he’s leaving to gold coast etc… play out over and over again.

the Free Kick differential ladder was released yesterday. For a "brave" journalist, that's a good story - if you want to talk about the tigers......
This a good story from our perspective, but does it generate clicks? Sad state of affairs, but unfortunately those assholes know what the other assholes will read.
Close to a $million freed up end of 24 allows to go for a FA if required.
We’ve known about this for seven years. I reckon that cash is well and truly earmarked.

they just said on 3aw that hes training for this weeks game and rfc said that he wants to play every remaining game
It always seems the club/Dusty deliberately wait for the media to put out their theories and their inside info before then releasing the truth and making them all look stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back