Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree that Dusty is finished. Pre-season he was in great nick and played well when fit. I was sure he was going to have a sensational year, barring any injuries. Then Louie weaved his magic stick and he’s been injured since, not able to get his body right.

I’m sure if he got his body right, there is more to be offered by Dusty. The major decision is - is he motivated to continue.

What a legend Dusty is. GOAT in my opinion and I’ve seen a lot of years and many players. I will miss him if he retires.

If Martin retires do you think we will know before or after the season ends, feel like he may just retire in the offseason to avoid all the hoopla
agree...stays silent and drops retirement news day or two after season ends.
Plane to Las Vegas and avoids all attention and spotlight.
Smart men always have a plan.

Actually lost for words

Had a feeling it was coming but now that it has happened I don’t know how I feel about it

Richmond’s GOAT.

Can’t help but feel he was also bullied out of the game by the constant media circus that followed him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"To my teammates, the brotherhood that we all share is what I value most as well as the bond with the staff and coaches… thank you to all of you.

“To my family and friends thank you for your unconditional love and support.

“To the Tiger Army, I have always felt so loved and supported throughout my career and for that I will be forever grateful. The memories that we have created together will live with me forever. Thank you.”

Last edited:
It is the right call. His body is cooked. The mind is willing, but the body is not. Brought us absolute joy tearing up finals and winning Norm Smiths. The greatest player I've ever seen, and I doubt we will see another Dusty in our lifetime.

I'll never forget his 2017 Season. Standing behind the cheer squad in the Grand Final watching the players walk off the ground at half time. I dared to dream - we went to the GF for the experience and walked away with the flag - and it was just the beginning.

THANK YOU Dusty. You are Greatest.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back