Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

There are STILL flogs over there going on about Jobe's AOD admission and how because of it, he should do the honourable thing and hand his Brownlow to Cotchin.

**** me dead.

Richmond fans are the most vocal about it Hawks fans not so much but why would they care when their team has won back to back flags.

People need to get the **** over it.

Been a brilliant captain, would love him to have two years away from the stress of that job to just concentrate on football. Hep is ready IMO
I'd like to see Jobe continue in the job for at least 2016 to see us through the storm and into calmer seas ahead. I also believe that 2016 could be our year if this one is ASADAed

I can't work out if there is more Tim or Jim in Jobe when he does a presser.

He sounds and looks like his old man but the way he answers (well except for the rambling) and his mannerisms are similar if not identical to Hird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't work out if there is more Tim or Jim in Jobe when he does a presser.

He sounds and looks like his old man but the way he answers (well except for the rambling) and his mannerisms are similar if not identical to Hird.
Speaks like Tim
Acts like Jim

There you have it folks, perfection in front of your eyes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would have been one of the hardest tasks to front the press today, (not even taking one's own emotions, anxieties or relief into account - the subject matter alone would be daunting enough), yet Jobe once again handled himself impressively. It is just yet another reminder of how exemplary his leadership qualities are.
I know people have suggested that Dyson is almost ready to step up and take upon the responsibility, but for me, this title and responsibility should be Jobe's for so long as he and his players see fit. If this is until he is Fletcher's age then so be it. If he wants to step aside next year or the year after, that is ok too. Such is my respect for how he has represented himself and the Essendon Football Club over the past two years.
Well done Jobe.

It would have been one of the hardest tasks to front the press today, (not even taking one's own emotions, anxieties or relief into account - the subject matter alone would be daunting enough), yet Jobe once again handled himself impressively. It is just yet another reminder of how exemplary his leadership qualities are.
I know people have suggested that Dyson is almost ready to step up and take upon the responsibility, but for me, this title and responsibility should be Jobe's for so long as he and his players see fit. If this is until he is Fletcher's age then so be it. If he wants to step aside next year or the year after, that is ok too. Such is my respect for how he has represented himself and the Essendon Football Club over the past two years.
Well done Jobe.
Well said. He's the best captain in the league, bar no one. And I have a lot of respect for guys like Hodge, Selwood and Ablett. It's his for as long as he wants it.

Petition to change the title to "Brownlow Medallist Jobe Watson".
watson-brownlow-620x349.jpg

...and no one is taking it away from him!

Where the hell did all that hair come from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back