Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Age has caught up to him unfortunately.

Not too sure if it's age, (says the fan with a Jobe avatar), just seems to be really coasting. He's getting by with not doing as much as he previously has - or could do - and isn't being held accountable. At times he even looks a little disinterested. Could be age, could be an injury, could be stress or could be attitude. Can still turn it on when he wants to though - just gotta hope he does (or can).

Not too sure if it's age, (says the fan with a Jobe avatar), just seems to be really coasting. He's getting by with not doing as much as he previously has - or could do - and isn't being held accountable. At times he even looks a little disinterested. Could be age, could be an injury, could be stress or could be attitude. Can still turn it on when he wants to though - just gotta hope he does (or can).

Don't get me wrong I love him but something is wrong.

He took a big bump to his shoulder earlier in the game when going in for the ball...emotions of the whole saga might be playing its part also?

He took a big bump to his shoulder earlier in the game when going in for the ball...emotions of the whole saga might be playing its part also?

The latter wouldn't surprise me. From an outsider's perspective you'd have to think that he is carrying a bigger burden than most simply due to his leadership role in the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen the brutality he has copped in the first 8 rounds without any blocking?
It's insane.
It's not Watson, it's the injuries to other players, as to why his productivity is down.

Anyone calling him fat, please!

He's definitely playing hurt.

I think it was the Freo game I first noticed it; he had no run whatsoever out of the middle. Even for Jobe's standards he looked slow. Then a week later played most of the game up forward even when North's mids started to kill us.

No excuses because if you set foot on the field you should be performing, but it probably explains why he's been down lately. He's hanging for the bye round.

He's definitely playing hurt.

I think it was the Freo game I first noticed it; he had no run whatsoever out of the middle. Even for Jobe's standards he looked slow. Then a week later played most of the game up forward even when North's mids started to kill us.

No excuses because if you set foot on the field you should be performing, but it probably explains why he's been down lately. He's hanging for the bye round.
Come on, mate. Pull your finger out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back