Player Watch #40 Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

Do he and Cumberland suck? Or is it our development team? Both looked winners two years ago.

I reckon there is some rot festering at tigerland.
Both debuted late 2022, Sonsie was a solid contributor Alongside Cotch, Prestia, Bolton. Roll on 2023 and Hopper and Tarranto had taken his spot.

We had midfield depth coming out our ass, we shouldda spent the $1.5 on KPFs.

When Sonz did play in 23, after injury, he was not great & dropped after 3 games. Great they are persevering with him this year.

Noah's final was not good at all and in 23, lost his spot to Martin &/or Mansell and Cotch & Presta and every mid rolling fwd.

Never really played well enough to keep his spot, and I'm staggered he got selected this week. Why not look at Green?

Still reckon there is something to work with here.

needs to play the remainder of the season and have a big pre season.

2-3 kilos might do him some justice.

If you asked after Q1 yesterday what we should do, I would have said to drop him.
But then he amassed 17 touches in three quarters playing a mix of wing and half forward. Went back with the flight and showed what I've been saying for the past few months, he isn't soft, he is playing to instruction.

Yeah it was annoying in the last when he kicked down the line under no pressure to an oppo player. However, he then got it again in the same position and hit one of our players lace out like a minute later.

He will get there. Contracted for another year, patience required.

If you asked after Q1 yesterday what we should do, I would have said to drop him.
But then he amassed 17 touches in three quarters playing a mix of wing and half forward. Went back with the flight and showed what I've been saying for the past few months, he isn't soft, he is playing to instruction.

Yeah it was annoying in the last when he kicked down the line under no pressure to an oppo player. However, he then got it again in the same position and hit one of our players lace out like a minute later.

He will get there. Contracted for another year, patience required.
Tanking Instructions?

We all want to see Tyler challenge Conor McGregor to prove he is not soft

Tyler in a ring would smash 99% of the tossers here potting him

Yes you ..........................

All of you ........................

STOP IT !!!!
Need to get George back as the whipping boy pronto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both debuted late 2022, Sonsie was a solid contributor Alongside Cotch, Prestia, Bolton. Roll on 2023 and Hopper and Tarranto had taken his spot.

We had midfield depth coming out our ass, we shouldda spent the $1.5 on KPFs.

When Sonz did play in 23, after injury, he was not great & dropped after 3 games. Great they are persevering with him this year.

Noah's final was not good at all and in 23, lost his spot to Martin &/or Mansell and Cotch & Presta and every mid rolling fwd.

Never really played well enough to keep his spot, and I'm staggered he got selected this week. Why not look at Green?
Cumberland No good
Tylar Young No good
Sonsie needs to lift

Not sure what’s happened with Tyler? Training in other roles or part of overall development? Injuries may have played a part, but certainly appears to have stalled a little? Is he a cream on top mid? I don’t really know TBH?

If Nth hadn't been robbed against the Pies we would be bottom. And they have had a couple of other close loses of late. They are starting to get some form, unless they deliberately tank, i think they will likely finish above us.

Their form is being formed by young players on the up, while ours is coming based on our oldest players still being our best. It's only a matter of time, unless some young kids really start to spark

1 week later.....

1720407878625.png

He is far too slow to be playing AFL and his skills are poor. He is a bust.
Maybe tell us a few more times and people will start agreeing.

He’s improving inch by inch , still has a way to go , I reckon every game he has a chance to really seize a moment under no pressure and takes wrong option or faults in execution , bit of a worry when that moment was under no immediate pressure . Anyway keep playing him , I still have faith he ll breakout in a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #40 Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back