Player Watch #41: Mabior Chol - FA to GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Every trait Mabior Chol has as a footballer suit the Gold Coast Suns to a tee.

Always promised more than he delivered. Bright moments and the occasional good game but overall delivered very little and too many obvious deficiencies in his game imo.

That GC gave him such a lengthy contract sums up why they've been a rabble since their inception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Chol and CCJ depart.
Disappointed CCJ left.
Anyway, we have Nank, Soldo and Samson.
Three is enough.
CCJ is third cab off the rank behind Nank and Soldo, probably why he was fed up.

Good luck to Marbs, was probably told to explore his options at his exit meeting and would likely enough not have been offered another contract. He's done well to secure a 4 year deal at our feeder club.

4 years for 2 phones?

TIL that the Suns recruit on the basis of YouTube highlight videos.

Pro Tip suns: It's the non-highlights you need to focus on. With Two-Phones, that's these moments:
  • Chol standing and looking
  • Chol "I'll hang here at the back of the pack"
  • Chol: "I can't run over there. I'm really quite tired."
  • Chol: "One effort is enough"
  • Chol: "I had a great quarter. That's enough."
  • Chol: "If I jump it could hurt. I'll short step to the contest."
  • Chol: "Heh, heh, four more years!"

Good luck to Marbs, was probably told to explore his options at his exit meeting and would likely enough not have been offered another contract. He's done well to secure a 4 year deal at our feeder club.
We said we needed him, but he got good money to move on, we forget these guys play for money

I like Chol, he has such a fluid kicking style and moves almost gracefully. Unfortunately I think these attributes sway a little too far into appearing laidback and he just doesn't have a consistent impact across four quarters. He needs to develop a bit more grunt which I think is something the Suns are lacking, so it's an interesting choice from their end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back