Player Watch #41 Sam Banks

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, I didn’t see the vfl game ….. that’s very disappointing
Banks was ok yesterday, no different to young Smith. I have no issues with how he is travelling.
Much like our senior side everyone had a down week, wonder what the club put in our water during training because it went right through our whole list, no one played well except Taranto.

Spot on ... still says away from the hard ball even at VFL level ... his best position is definitely HBF ... though I feel without running through the VFL midfield he won't develop his contest to be able to succeed at AFL level
He's just too small at present. He's built like a child. He'd be about 75kg I reckon at 188cm.
Needs to add the size to add the confidence to contest harder.

Geez that 2021 draft blows.
Not overly concerned just yet - injuries and they've all played at least 20 less games of AFL then they should have largely thanks to Dimma's stubbornness, misplaced loyalties and delusions of a 4th flag.Banks the last picked of the "fab 5" the least talented IMO but nailing 5 picks in one draft is virtually unheard of -even the expansion clubs with all their concessions barely managed it and under normal circumstances you're killing it if you get more than two good players in one hit.

Not overly concerned just yet - injuries and they've all played at least 20 less games of AFL then they should have largely thanks to Dimma's stubbornness, misplaced loyalties and delusions of a 4th flag.Banks the last picked of the "fab 5" the least talented IMO but nailing 5 picks in one draft is virtually unheard of -even the expansion clubs with all their concessions barely managed it and under normal circumstances you're killing it if you get more than two good players in one hit.
Gibcus had a psycho good debut under Dimma;
Clarke got 3 games 2022, year one & 13 games year 2.....lost form; injured 2024.
Sonz: great debut year under Dimma but crap form 2023, looks like he's muscling up, probs needs another preseason; Banks got a good run of games late 23. & early 24. lost his spot;
Brown, late debut due to injury but held his spot now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been very good lately. All of our youngsters have had an impressive game or two this year.

Banks last 5 games his average player rating is 11.4. Among wingmen, this rating sustained over a whole season would put Banks 4th in the AFL in 2024 behind Gulden, McLuggage and Callaghan. It will be interesting to see if Banks can sustain that level of performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #41 Sam Banks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back