Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

Criminal that he isn’t on an AFL list.
He can't kick.

Reminds me a lot of another prissy Claremont boy, Kane Mitchell. Used to get talked up as some amazing player and he even won a Sandover. He was about 5'7 but absolutely massive. And he could run all day. Would routinely get 30, 35 possessions. I remember watching him in the Grand Final about 2012 against... East Fremantle? Anyway I realised then what the issue was: he was s**t.

Yeah he clearly spent every living moment not at work at the gym. Real specimen, incredibly fit, so he could run to every ball and never go on the bench and because of that – and the essential amateur nature of his competitors – he'd get to 75% of all loose balls and contests. He could handball okay in tight but his kicking was cringeworthy – 55 high and about 15 long. Handball kicks that just went absolutely nowhere. There's guys like David Mundy who are 34 and get a touch because they know where to run, even when they can't run much... he could run much and that's it. Complete spud. Played about 30 games for Port Adelaide – mostly as a sub.

Bolton is pretty similar and feels entitled to be on a list just because he won a Sandover. Much more lackadaisical, natural talents have won Bernie Naylors and club BnFs and haven't felt wronged that they weren't listed.

Sorry. I ******* hate Claremont. Imagine if Essendon's and Kew's private schools were in the same area and that area was one of the most affluent in town. And then the footy club there got access to all those players because they could rejig their residence listings to get them to be zoned to that club. And they're still s**t!

He can't kick.

Reminds me a lot of another prissy Claremont boy, Kane Mitchell. Used to get talked up as some amazing player and he even won a Sandover. He was about 5'7 but absolutely massive. And he could run all day. Would routinely get 30, 35 possessions. I remember watching him in the Grand Final about 2012 against... East Fremantle? Anyway I realised then what the issue was: he was s**t.

Yeah he clearly spent every living moment not at work at the gym. Real specimen, incredibly fit, so he could run to every ball and never go on the bench and because of that – and the essential amateur nature of his competitors – he'd get to 75% of all loose balls and contests. He could handball okay in tight but his kicking was cringeworthy – 55 high and about 15 long. Handball kicks that just went absolutely nowhere. There's guys like David Mundy who are 34 and get a touch because they know where to run, even when they can't run much... he could run much and that's it. Complete spud. Played about 30 games for Port Adelaide – mostly as a sub.

Bolton is pretty similar and feels entitled to be on a list just because he won a Sandover. Much more lackadaisical, natural talents have won Bernie Naylors and club BnFs and haven't felt wronged that they weren't listed.

Sorry. I ******* hate Claremont. Imagine if Essendon's and Kew's private schools were in the same area and that area was one of the most affluent in town. And then the footy club there got access to all those players because they could rejig their residence listings to get them to be zoned to that club. And they're still s**t!

Haha. That’s a decent rant Silent Alarm!

I know all too well that Mitchell was a poor decision maker and ball butcher.

I watched a fair bit of Bolton when he was on collingwood’s rookie list and on Werribee list. I really thought there was enough to work with as he generally played to his limitations. However I was told by one of his Werribee teammates that he was a complete FIGJAM, who had a real sense of entitlement. So it doesn’t surprise me that he hasn’t been picked up!

Don’t judge Dec on his connections with Claremont...he is a top young fella!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WAFL Players Ready and Waiting for AFL Call-Up Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 3:14 PM - by Rachael Osborne

Key rules for the AFL Top Up Contingency Plan:

• If a club is down to 30 already listed available players because of the Covid health and safety protocols, a club will be allowed to activate a player from their contingency list to list participate in training
  • Teams can only call up Contingency Players to feature in the game if the number of available players falls before 28 available players
  • AFL clubs will not have any holding rights over players for either the mid-season or end of year drafts.
  • Meaning theoretically, a player could possibly play for two different teams in a season, once in the first half of the year as a Covid contingency player and secondly as a mid-season draftee.
On any given weekend, between them Fremantle and West Coast can draw on a maximum of 3 players from any one WAFL Club

WEST COAST FC

Declan
Mountford

WAFL Players Ready and Waiting for AFL Call-Up Wednesday, March 16, 2022 - 3:14 PM - by Rachael Osborne

Key rules for the AFL Top Up Contingency Plan:

• If a club is down to 30 already listed available players because of the Covid health and safety protocols, a club will be allowed to activate a player from their contingency list to list participate in training
  • Teams can only call up Contingency Players to feature in the game if the number of available players falls before 28 available players
  • AFL clubs will not have any holding rights over players for either the mid-season or end of year drafts.
  • Meaning theoretically, a player could possibly play for two different teams in a season, once in the first half of the year as a Covid contingency player and secondly as a mid-season draftee.
On any given weekend, between them Fremantle and West Coast can draw on a maximum of 3 players from any one WAFL Club

WEST COAST FC

Declan
Mountford
1647580137402.png

And he is playing this week probably.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back