Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

The Teakster has at least 4 inches on every Swans defender except Blakey and I can't see those two matching up.

If there's ever a match where you want to play a 204cm footballer who can jump and catch it deep against an undersized defence on an undersized ground- it's today.

Let's ask questions.
Isolate him deep forward

And give him 85% plus game time

Teakle has shown glimpses of talent but he has also shown why he hasn't succeeded at AFL level.
He was a mid season selection that has provided us with some structure.

He was never going to be peak Carey.

He might be gone in 1-2 years or become a really solid role player.

The way we moved the ball so slowly yesterday would have been a nightmare for a big forward.

Hard to judge from the low angle of the TV broadcast at the SCG, but it seemed like he got in Larkey's way a few times yesterday, with at least one of those times Larkey telling him off. The Swans defence probably played into that, but the forward crew didn't appear to work as well together this week as they have done over the last month or so.

I don;t think the confines of the SCG and our lowly amount of fwd fifty entries, is a solid base to judge our KPF.

But I'm not sold on the triple talls at all. Ford plays as a quasi tall as well.

I like that Brynn can go into the ruck. I'm not a fan of these collectively , Larkey, Pink, Teakle, Ford, Zurhaar Curtis.

We also will sooner than later need to find a spot for Duursma.

??? Comben Curtis
Duursma Larkey Zurhaar.

Leaves swinging in the breeze as a fwd; Ford, Pink & Teakle.

All three I assume are OOC. Not saying can them, just sayin.

And yes I can well imagine the 3 getting in each others way, especially on that ground.

I don;t think the confines of the SCG and our lowly amount of fwd fifty entries, is a solid base to judge our KPF.

But I'm not sold on the triple talls at all. Ford plays as a quasi tall as well.

I like that Brynn can go into the ruck. I'm not a fan of these collectively , Larkey, Pink, Teakle, Ford, Zurhaar Curtis.

We also will sooner than later need to find a spot for Duursma.

??? Comben Curtis
Duursma Larkey Zurhaar.

Leaves swinging in the breeze as a fwd; Ford, Pink & Teakle.

All three I assume are OOC. Not saying can them, just sayin.

And yes I can well imagine the 3 getting in each others way, especially on that ground.
Teakle isn't ooc he got a 1.5 year deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to judge from the low angle of the TV broadcast at the SCG, but it seemed like he got in Larkey's way a few times yesterday, with at least one of those times Larkey telling him off. The Swans defence probably played into that, but the forward crew didn't appear to work as well together this week as they have done over the last month or so.
Saw Larkey give him an absolute bake in the 3rd or 4th?

Problem for me is that whilst Brynn may not be perfect structurally (he's been there what 5 weeks??) the delivery forward was deplorable. The most panic hack kicking we've seen for a long time.
I could be wrong, but I thought the reason Larkey was giving him a spray is not because he got in Larkey's way but because Larkey was out-bodied by his own direct opponent while Teakle's opponent took the intercept mark. Teakle either had to drag his opponent away or else provide a contest and he wasn't able to do either on this occasion.

Listed as 204cm, and only 96kg, that seems at least 5+kg too light to me, maybe more
Indeed. The good news is that he has a contract with us for next year.

Given he has only be with us for a month there is not much that can be done about his body shape this year but he should be setting himself for a huge pre season - adding at least 5kg's of muscle plus working hard on his centre bounce craft.

He is a likely prospect for us.

I could be wrong, but I thought the reason Larkey was giving him a spray is not because he got in Larkey's way but because Larkey was out-bodied by his own direct opponent while Teakle's opponent took the intercept mark. Teakle either had to drag his opponent away or else provide a contest and he wasn't able to do either on this occasion.

That play really pissed me off and im not sure which part was worse.

1. Baking a team mate on field
2. Baking a team mate who earns bugger in comparison
3. Baking a team mate because you're clueless about you're own failure

I had to go frame by frame over this one because it annoyed me so much, but Larkey was pathetically ragged dolled by his oppo and thrown in Elmo. If anyone should be pissed off it should've been Elmo. Im cool with people getting frustrated, im not cool with people kicking their dog out of frustration.

BUT....its the first time ive seen something like this from Larkey and from all reports he's a good bloke so will put it in the out of character basket. Just hope we never see it again.

IIRC Larkey was the decoy in that contest and he expected Teakle to go up for it. Which has been the case since the bye.

It was a shit game for everyone so it's no surprise they were frustrated. That's a good sign. Be angry.

Can’t believe there has been love for the Teak!!

Doing a very important role and I don’t think it’s any surprise that Xerri, Larks and Zurhaar have found form as soon as big Teak joined us in the mid season draft.
Does some really good things. Just needs to add a couple more good things each time he plays. Looks a pretty good athlete so something to work with

He and Pink could each do a bit more but I am convinced that they have both improved the team. I'm sure that almost everybody saw the need for a couple of big guys to fill some spots. A full preseason with the team and coaches could deliver even more team improvement next season you'd expect.

He and Pink could each do a bit more but I am convinced that they have both improved the team. I'm sure that almost everybody saw the need for a couple of big guys to fill some spots. A full preseason with the team and coaches could deliver even more team improvement next season you'd expect.

These two need a big pre-season to shore up the 2nd key forward position.

Although pink is interim, it's still important to have that structure in place until another genuine key forward arrives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back