Player Watch #44 Jake Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

1719321338392.png
Jake Lloyd

Player Profile

Jake Lloyd is a ball magnet, an endurance machine, a clean user of the footy and a calming influence on the Sydney Swans’ half-back line. The former rookie-listed Swan averaged 27.22 disposals per match between 2016 and 2019 and won the club’s 2018 Bob Skilton Medal. Lloyd became the quickest Swan in history to reach 100 senior games when he ran out against Hawthorn at the MCG in Round 8, 2018. He was then recognised as one of the best players in the league when he was selected for Victoria in the State of Origin match for bushfire relief in February 2019. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 15; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Jake Lloyd

DOB: 20 September 1993
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Horsham Demons (Vic)/North Ballarat U18

Last edited by a moderator:
No offence intended, but I think that 'vulnerable' is word used by supporters only... I'm pretty sure the club doesn't take that view. The supporters have bagged him throughout his career as being not much at all, just another B grader, but that just doesn't stack up with his actual games...

He's played 200+ games, been All Australian, won two B&Fs (18 & 20), plays the role he's asked to... and is totally reliable.
100% agree. He was "vulnerable" only in the sense that the team was playing exceptionally, had some great players to return and he wasn't making his typical impact - which made him fair game for people like us. Don't imagine his spot in the team really ever was at risk.

Bumping from page 4 of the forum.
Which in a way encapsulates Lloyd's understated unflustered under the radar game style.

Leading possession winner for us today, 14 marks, 4 R50s, 5 I50s, nice goal and game high 888 metres gained (only 1 other player from either side (Warner) had more than 500).

He's not a contested possession winner, but that outlet player who you sense he will tend to make the right choices with ball in hand.
I thought incredibly important for us throughout today. :thumbsu:

Bumping from page 4 of the forum.
Which in a way encapsulates Lloyd's understated unflustered under the radar game style.

Leading possession winner for us today, 14 marks, 4 R50s, 5 I50s, nice goal and game high 888 metres gained (only 1 other player from either side (Warner) had more than 500).

He's not a contested possession winner, but that outlet player who you sense he will tend to make the right choices with ball in hand.
I thought incredibly important for us throughout today. :thumbsu:
Yep. Outstanding game today. Always uses the ball so well.

Oh and I would die for Jake Lloyd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #44 Jake Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back