Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton has just said all close contacts with Conor McKenna will need to quarantine for 14 days. Says it's then up to Essendon whether they have enough players to field a team.

We had Saad, Merret and Stringer in his group

Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton has just said all close contacts with Conor McKenna will need to quarantine for 14 days. Says it's then up to Essendon whether they have enough players to field a team.

From how far back is the problem. If it includes Friday it’s probably the whole list seeing as they had full training that day

McKenna tested positive when asymptomatic and after 4 earlier negative tests. He's been training with E'don players. Isn't there a considerable possibility that other E'don players will come down with it ? If that's the case, that could take E'don out of the competition for the rest of this season, it might even collapse the rest of it. I'm not confident that this season will endure. Is that a reasonable proposition ?

McKenna tested positive when asymptomatic and after 4 earlier negative tests. He's been training with E'don players. Isn't there a considerable possibility that other E'don players will come down with it ? If that's the case, that could take E'don out of the competition for the rest of this season, it might even collapse the rest of it. I'm not confident that this season will endure. Is that a reasonable proposition ?
I doubt we'd be out for 13 weeks...
There's flexibility in the schedule for exactly this occurrence.

Hmmm. Whoops.
07e447cd508c230c737b62419c3433e36c102c14.jpeg

Hmmm. Whoops.
07e447cd508c230c737b62419c3433e36c102c14.jpeg
Another pic I saw has Ambrose in the same group, but I can't find any of Francis, Zerk, Redman or Gleeson in that group at any point? Also depends who trained that day and how far back they want to go. Do they isolate if they only ran into him when he was negative and asymptomatic?

If it came to it Fantasia, Walla, McGrath, Merrett probably rotate off half-back.

If they isolate the whole team then they either call it a forfeit, a draw or re-schedule. I doubt we're the last club this happens to though, there will probably be a couple of make-up rounds spliced in at some point to account for all the missed games (assuming we even get to the end of the season).

Another pic I saw has Ambrose in the same group, but I can't find any of Francis, Zerk, Redman or Gleeson in that group at any point? Also depends who trained that day and how far back they want to go. Do they isolate if they only ran into him when he was negative and asymptomatic?

If it came to it Fantasia, Walla, McGrath, Merrett probably rotate off half-back.

If they isolate the whole team then they either call it a forfeit, a draw or re-schedule. I doubt we're the last club this happens to though, there will probably be a couple of make-up rounds spliced in at some point to account for all the missed games (assuming we even get to the end of the season).
Merrett, saad, stringer are all inlcuded in his training 8 so they will be the most likely to quarantine for 14 days.

James Kelly and Truck Rutten to potentially suit up if our entire backline goes into quarantine? I'm sure Fletch is still at his playing weight as well

"The Herald Sun understands McKenna, who is asymptomatic, had trained in a small group with fellow defenders Adam Saad, Cale Hooker, Michael Hurley, Matt Guelfi, Jordan Ridley and Mason Redman."

I don’t understand, if the mentioned players test negative why do they have to isolate? That’s what happened in Bundeslinga when a player tested positive. Apologies if already explained soo many pages and opinions on this subject

"The Herald Sun understands McKenna, who is asymptomatic, had trained in a small group with fellow defenders Adam Saad, Cale Hooker, Michael Hurley, Matt Guelfi, Jordan Ridley and Mason Redman."

Dear goodness, thats literally our entire starting backline...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t understand, if the mentioned players test negative why do they have to isolate? That’s what happened in Bundeslinga when a player tested positive. Apologies if already explained soo many pages and opinions on this subject
The virus' incubation period is typically about a week but can last up to 14 days.

What do people see as the worse outcome? We play this weeken

Back line of would be made up of Francis, Zerk, Gleeson, Ambrose, Cutler, Hibberd and Zaharakis

That’s our strongest line, imagine if it was our midfield or forward group ooof
Still, if they are out we will probably need to cover their positions and likely take away from other areas of the ground

Possible backline:
Gleeson Ambrose Zerk-Thatcher
Cutler Francis McGrath/Zerrett/Zaharakis

Potentially solid enough for Carlton, but Collingwood will cause Carnage

What do people see as the worse outcome? We play this weeken

Back line of would be made up of Francis, Zerk, Gleeson, Ambrose, Cutler, Hibberd and Zaharakis
I'd put Ham and McGrath there.

So from what I’ve gathered they might make us play minus our backline, Stringer and Merrett?

Yep, this is 2016 all over again...
Stringer was pretty happy in 2016. Commercially the season has to go as far as is possible. It's probably doomed, anyway. As a matter of interest, how do you blokes assess McKenna ?

Does Ham have any experience? Moving McGrath may be unavoidable
Apparently played mostly as a defender in u/18's, and played all over the ground in the VFL last year as a sort of "Mr Fix it" which was impressive considering his age.

Francis - Zerk - McGrath
Gleeson - Ambrose - Cutler (Ham rotating)

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back