Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

They called him when he was on the way to the club on Saturday and told him he had an irregularity and couldn't train with the group until another swab came back negative. They also called Dorevitch (the company that does the testing) for more information about the irregularity. When the second test came back positive they sent everyone home.

Campbell addressed that in his media conference and in the interview on Triple M yesterday, and there's probably a dozen or more articles repeating it.

And the club/DHHS/AFL did have both of the Friday and Saturday tests confirmed again.

"It has also been re-confirmed that the two swab tests taken on Friday, June 19 and Saturday, June 20 were both positive results."

Honestly if you're going to question what the club didn't do, maybe check they actually didn't do it first.

I think they Xavier said was that McKenna’s test was listed as “pending” on Saturday AM. So they called him to confirm he got tested. When he arrived, they didn’t let him train and they called up the testing clinic. They said there was an irregular result. And which time, McKenna left the facility to get re-tested.

I think they Xavier said was that McKenna’s test was listed as “pending” on Saturday AM. So they called him to confirm he got tested. When he arrived, they didn’t let him train and they called up the testing clinic. They said there was an irregular result. And which time, McKenna left the facility to get re-tested.
That's the one. Can't have sound on atm or I'd have listened to it over again.

Both Friday and Saturday swabs were tested again and confirmed positive.

It seems more likely that he did have the virus but that something about his immune system enabled him to fight it off without presenting symptoms.

For example, the tuberculosis vaccine (BCG vaccine) hasn't been part of the childhood immunisation schedule here for decades, but it was still routinely given to children in Ireland up until 2015. A while ago it was suggested that the BCG vaccine was helping some people fight off COVID-19 and have milder symptoms, so that could be a factor if Conor (and his brother that he lives with) had that vaccine as kids.
Alternatively, the tests are completely meaningless.

Test was done offsite? Sounds dodgy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a few new usernames to come out of this if nothing else.

Covid Conor has a nice Typhoid Mary-like ring to it.
Conor McCovid has a bit of potential too.

Corona McKenna is surely the way to go.

Did he test positive negative or negative positive?

Or did the negative positive come back negative?

You positive?
You know they just did the extra tests to be sure, to be sure.

I'll see myself out...

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back