Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 6 - It begins. (cont in pt 7)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with them picking another one, but I just get this sneaky feeling that the exact same situation will occur. When you give the left an inch, they take a mile...

I hope Kavanaugh pulls out or is dropped and Trump nominates Coney Barrett. Her existence alone seems to really trigger the left. More than any other nominee. That is usually a good sign that she is on the right side of logic and reason.

So explain Gorusch then?

Kavanaugh was always going to be risk. Even McConnell didn’t want him to go up because he knew they would be left pushing shit up hill.
Gorsuch had less resistance, but this was likely due to his confirmation not occuring around an election (the mid terms, in this case).
I hope Kavanaugh pulls out or is dropped and Trump nominates Coney Barrett. Her existence alone seems to really trigger the left. More than any other nominee. That is usually a good sign that she is on the right side of logic and reason.
Will research.

"Respected professor" is almost an oxymoron in the US.

You think that is sufficient evidence for a court of law to find him guilty? If not, why should it be sufficient to ruin his career? He is either innocent, or proven guilty.

I assume your sources haven't informed you about the accuser's background. Do catch up now, if you want to reference "reasonable doubt".

The purpose of a Confirmation Hearing is to assist the Senate to make a decision not to find guilt or innocence. It isn't a court of law and doesn't require the same standard of evidence.

They will both be given a chance to testify and Senators will make a judgement on whether they feel there is substance to the allegations or not.

I hope he picks Coney Barrett too. No chance she would be confirmed. Murkowski and Collins would almost certainly vote no.

Gorsuch had less resistance, but this was likely due to his confirmation not occuring around an election (the mid terms, in this case).

Will research.

Wasn't it a rule established by the GOP not to confirm SC Justices in an election year?

"High school days" Maggie wrote.
Each year level would most likely have more than 1 class (my public high school did)

So this woman who is currently a doctor who is accusing Kavanaugh of attempted rape back in high school submitted this accusation when she found out he was up for a lifetime seat on the supreme Court.

Mitch McConnell alluded to Trump that the couple of picks he had in mind were ready to be picked and he had the votes to ensure a Conservative leaning on the court for decades to come.

But Trump wanted someone who would be sympathetic to his legal issues, an SC judge that would be willing to "skirt" the constitution if you will which meant this list of women has had a couple of months to sorted.

And apparently all 65 have known him from high school through to today. hmmm :rolleyes::straining:

Sorry if wall of text was more than you were asking.

Edit, didn't realise all boys.

IMO he's toast.
Correct, all boys (Georgetown Prep).

The 65 are from all girls schools in the DC area (Georgetown Visitation Prep and the like). Kavanaugh known to them through church, sporting and social connections.

Correct, all boys (Georgetown Prep).

The 65 are from all girls schools in the DC area (Georgetown Visitation Prep and the like). Kavanaugh known to them through church, sporting and social connections.
And he still knows them, further from my reading all have come forward within 24 hours to vouch for him. That is certainly quick, I suppose it is possible with email, but still...
https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/2018-09-14 65 Women who know Kavanaugh from High School - Kavanaugh Nomination.pdf

I don't know who is telling the truth but it makes me a little bit suspicious that only 10% of Kavanaugh's writings have been released and many sections redacted whereas in Neil Gorsuch's confirmation a lot more was known and a higher number of documents were released and despite not supported by majority of Democrats was confirmed.

Last edited:
A new avatar for FireKraquora?

latest

Body shaming is perfectly acceptable so long as it's directed at Trump and not some "plus-size" model.

It's surely a bit rich for Trumpists to clutch their pearls now, after the last few years of defending Trump at all costs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's surely a bit rich for Trumpists to clutch their pearls now, after the last few years of defending Trump at all costs.

That's not them clutching at their peals - they have none - that's their pathetic attempt to undermine Trump critics (like they're all of a ubiquitous PC hivemind) by reminding them of "what's good for the gander".

"If I can't criticise a fat model, then you can't criticise's Trump's dick" - like Trump supporters have to remind people they've never had the moral high ground before.

Why are Trump and the GOP in such a panicked rush to confirm Kavanaugh?

They were more than happy to keep Scalia's seat open for over 12 months.

Bit worried about November?

"Respected professor" is almost an oxymoron in the US.

You think that is sufficient evidence for a court of law to find him guilty? If not, why should it be sufficient to ruin his career? He is either innocent, or proven guilty.

I assume your sources haven't informed you about the accuser's background. Do catch up now, if you want to reference "reasonable doubt".
In between guilty and innocent is perception and cloudiness. The perception of a cloud on character can be seen to disqualify one from high judicial office.

I suppose it is why pence has such an extreme attitude towards female staffers (basically chaperones from what I read)

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...on-donald-trump-presidential-polls/index.html
With the looming mid term elections and some of the polls we are seeing concerning them - I thought it worth looking at the polls a few weeks out from the sobering 2016 presidential election.

Yep.
Prior to the US Election I was following the polls with some effort.
If you spent some time having a good look at their methodologies (and bias) it was evident that Trump was going much better than they were reporting.

Again here, there seems to be a great deal of speculation that the Dems will easily flip enough seats. They well may. But the data I'm looking at still has the Republicans in front. I have the Dems gaining about 19 or 20 seats so far (EDIT: just revised spreadsheet & make that 17). I think they need to flip 23 or more to gain power of the House of Representatives.
I'm using data from several places and for the competitive seats I'm using the current betting odds to show the likely winners of those.

I'm planning on reviewing and updating it every week or so. It will be interesting to see how it changes in the coming weeks.
But it's worth noting, Obama in 2010 had 63 seats flipped under his Presidency ... so all this talk about Trump causing seats to be flipped is, comparatively speaking, unjustified.

Last edited:
In between guilty and innocent is perception and cloudiness. The perception of a cloud on character can be seen to disqualify one from high judicial office.

I suppose it is why pence has such an extreme attitude towards female staffers (basically chaperones from what I read)
Essentially taking away the presumption of innocence is a dangerous concept. It gives too much power and incentive to people who may wish to make false allegations.

It is not just the targets of false accusations who are hurt by them. Genuine female victims of sexual assault are also hurt by those who make false accusations, as it makes their own story less believable.

Pence's behaviour has been justified, and may become the norm in the future. This would lead to less women in positions of power.

Just read the letter sent by Kavanaugh's friend, Mark Judge. (Also doesn't want to appear).

In it he states: 'I have no memory of this alleged incident', then goes onto say, 'I never say Brett act in this way'.

Seems to be a contradiction to me. So he does have some memory?o_O Another Session's memory loss?

Either way, this is going to be difficult to prove or disprove.

I still can't get over the 65 women that have known him from school days and kept in touch over decades.

Essentially taking away the presumption of innocence is a dangerous concept. It gives too much power and incentive to people who may wish to make false allegations.

It is not just the targets of false accusations who are hurt by them. Genuine female victims of sexual assault are also hurt by those who make false accusations, as it makes their own story less believable.

Pence's behaviour has been justified, and may become the norm in the future. This would lead to less women in positions of power.
What happened to the real FireKraquora as except for the last sentence, your post is the best I have read.

Last edited:
"A mere allegation will stop anyone you don't like from joining the SC". How could that possibly go wrong? Crikey...
Credible allegations yes. This aint a standard job he is applying for. Its a lifetime appointment that only a handful of people hold in the country. Zero risk policy is needed for such appointments.

I'm fine with them picking another one, but I just get this sneaky feeling that the exact same situation will occur. When you give the left an inch, they take a mile...

Ah yes, the dastardly 'left'. Meanwhile the GOP (you know, the actual party as opposed to an aggrieved member of the public) refused to even hold a hearing for 2 years then nuked the rules to get Gorsuch through.

Take the blinkers off mate.

Former Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz discusses some of the contents of his new book "The Deep State" and tells how Sessions would not approve a prosecution because it was too close to Hillary. The Youtube video included starts at his comments about Sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back