AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly the only one that means anything as far as getting one over on Menzie is his chase down pressure.

Skill set = means nothing if he can’t do it and all players have different skill sets anyway.
The way he moves = lol
Sneaky goal = Menzie wins there
Flair = means nothing
Can play further up the ground = can he?

This is just screaming great hope to me.
The upside to Davey is obvious. Yes, in the way he moves. It’s kind of jaunty, in a Pulp Fiction-Travolta sort way. It makes you swoon and touch your brow with the back of your hand as you weaken at the knees. Can’t you see it? You must be Blind. Turn around and stop looking at the turnstiles.

The upside to Davey is obvious. Yes, in the way he moves. It’s kind of jaunty, in a Pulp Fiction-Travolta sort way. It makes you swoon and touch your brow with the back of your hand as you weaken at the knees. Can’t you see it? You must be Blind. Turn around and stop looking at the turnstiles.
Some blokes like fat chics and that’s ok

I thought the joke was that Dero was ignoring the adjective. :p
i don’t know what is the better joke - Dero ignoring the adjective, or you thinking Dero knows what an adjective is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very neat with the footy and solid over it. He's a fundamentally good footballer who can clearly play a few roles. Not sure yet he will carve out a career, but maybe. Versatility helps. Feels like he's destined to be in the 20-30 part of the list. Still young.

Really strong through the hips, and overhead. Played an excellent game "out of position".
We Tasmanian's know that's he's not out of position on the wing though.

How about the centre? His strength and quick hands lend me think he'd go well in there.

It made sense moving him back as he can’t seem to kick between the big sticks anymore when he has a gettable set shot at goal.

Consider the guys a back pocket has to play on...if he's too slow to be a forward then he's too slow to defend them...
disagree, i think he did really well, especially intercepting exiting our f50. different role but i think he'll take to it reasonably well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back