Player Watch #49 Kaleb Smith - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Our top four disposal winners were defenders and he is last in line when it comes being in placed in positions to win the ball or be given an easy kick. Give him Shorts or Riolis role in the team and he would finish with 20 or so disposals as well.
Fair enough, maybe hes more shut down than when he plays VFL, lets the kid play his natura game for confidence then in that case IMO.

I am suprised he isnt finding more ball from HB

He does in the ressies 20+ and 7-8 rebounds
From the limited amount of games he's played he shows a bit.

We have Broad, Vlasutin, Rioli, Short demanding the ball, still finding his way but he looks assured with ball in hand and is strong over head. Smith and Tresize have so much upside.

He does in the ressies 20+ and 7-8 rebounds
From the limited amount of games he's played he shows a bit.

We have Broad, Vlasutin, Rioli, Short demanding the ball, still finding his way but he looks assured with ball in hand and is strong over head. Smith and Tresize have so much upside.
Yeah that's why I am suprised, in the ressies he kills it playing the same role.

He had to run with Hill yesterday so was never going to offer much in rebound. That is a learning thing. I thought when he kicked two turnovers in a row his confidence dropped a bit, and also his team mates who could have given it to him a few times but didn't. 2 games in that willl happen. Hope they back him and he retains his spot.

He had to run with Hill yesterday so was never going to offer much in rebound. That is a learning thing. I thought when he kicked two turnovers in a row his confidence dropped a bit, and also his team mates who could have given it to him a few times but didn't. 2 games in that willl happen. Hope they back him and he retains his spot.
He's still learning the structures, seen him get directed into locations by teammates a couple of times.

They'll play him the remainder of the season (I hope), he's a kid that will flourish with being backed in with continuity.

Agree re confidence, doesn't seem the most self-assured but still went forward and kicked a nice set shot.

People comparing his VFL form to AFL form really? Completely different levels, said it before he has played 3 games, geez we have some impatient supporters in here with blinkers on.

Players like Kaleb you need to look at the small wins not the mistakes he made, one such was the goal from 50, his first goal in AFL footy, not bad from a kid who hasn't played forward since being here.

People comparing his VFL form to AFL form really? Completely different levels, said it before he has played 3 games, geez we have some impatient supporters in here with blinkers on.

Players like Kaleb you need to look at the small wins not the mistakes he made, one such was the goal from 50, his first goal in AFL footy, not bad from a kid who hasn't played forward since being here.
LOL, noone compared, simply stated I thought he might see some easier ball given the role he plays and its how he naturally plays at VFL level, a position notorious for easier touches.

Noone is knocking, cool rant though.

LOL, noone compared, simply stated I thought he might see some easier ball given the role he plays and its how he naturally plays at VFL level, a position notorious for easier touches.

Noone is knocking, cool rant though.

You thought I was talking about you? That's nice.

You thought I was talking about you? That's nice.
Considering I am the only one that made reference to his VFL games, well yeah.

Cute that you being all shy now though.

GIF by One Chicago

Considering I am the only one that made reference to his VFL games, well yeah.

Cute that you being all shy now though.

GIF by One Chicago

I don't bother reading your posts anymore, I just scroll past, unless you reply or tag me in, maybe you need to scroll back a bit.

Or do what I do and just scroll past when you see my name. :hearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't bother reading your posts anymore, I just scroll past, unless you reply or tag me in, maybe you need to scroll back a bit.

Or do what I do and just scroll past when you see my name. :hearts:
yes you do ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #49 Kaleb Smith - Re-Signed for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back