Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully the acquisitions of Hewett and Cerra and the improvement in Kennedy make a move into the middle of the ground redundant in his case. He has always played his best football off halfback. This obsession we have for trying to make everyone a midfielder is dumbfounding to me.

Apart from watching Carlton games - how many games have you actually watched Williams play in his career?

Williams is silk - and the reason he didnt play mope games as a midfielder at GWS - is because most of the midfielders they have couldn't also play to the level of running and kicking quality he could off HBF.

He had a bad season by his standards last year - and even so looked a class above most Carlton players on field anyway same with Saad - both are far far better players than those already at Carlton - bar Walsh / Weitering /Harry and on a good day maybe Cripps.

you tell me who is a better class player than Williams at Carlton apaert from those I mentioned - really interested.

yep kennedy setterfield were a reaction to going small with the mids fisher, sps, lob.... its always seems so reactionary.
Kennedy and Setterfield aren't big midfielders - Kennedy is average for a decent size and Setterfield is a skinny runt and played liek one last year - or worse.

Kennedy and Setterfield aren't big midfielders - Kennedy is average for a decent size and Setterfield is a skinny runt and played liek one last year - or worse.

"Setterfield is slow and can't kick, I think we should put him on the wing" - D Teague

Our problem is that we need 9-10 players running trough the midfield.

Look at the the two GF teams.
Scraggers midfield - Smith, Libba, Hunter, Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, Furyea, Roarke Smith and even guys like JJ can have a run in the guts.

Dees mids - Oliver, Viney, Petracca, Brayshaw, Langdon, Harmes, Bowey, Harmes

We don't have that.
The bolded don't have a run in the guts.. and with respect to guys like Langdon it depends if you're including wings or not. Langdon doesn't start centre bounce ever.

"Setterfield is slow and can't kick, I think we should put him on the wing" - D Teague
Imo we should of never tried Setterfield on the wing and I think it was a big mistake but I guess the same was said of Brayshaw last year and I guess we hoped he could replicate someone like Menegola. Imo there has been some mismanagement of players like SPS and Setterfield but the biggest problem has been themselves.

The same culture that Walsh became a top 3 midfielder in the league? The same culture McKay became the best forward in the comp? The same culture Weiters is a top 3 FUB in the league?

Seems if you have the ability there's not that much holding you back at the club from achieving such levels.

It's the game plan that was the truly awful thing.

👏👏

Imo we should of never tried Setterfield on the wing and I think it was a big mistake but I guess the same was said of Brayshaw last year and I guess we hoped he could replicate someone like Menegola. Imo there has been some mismanagement of players like SPS and Setterfield but the biggest problem has been themselves.

Surprised we never tried him on a flank after he showed glimpses in 2019. Kicked 3-4 goals against Melbourne, iirc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don’t lose many but when we do we get **** all for them

35 would have been respectful. WCE shitted on us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im guessing:

1. No-one else wanted him
2. WCE only willing to offer P52 or try their luck in the draft (and wouldnt care if they didnt get him)

Says alot about SPS and where other clubs see him - i wonder if its a bit of a kick in the guts for him in a way....

So Sps for Lewis Young/ #52 from West Coast to Bulldogs. Sounds better.

Pick 52 is rubbish but if you say we got an athletic 200cm Def/Ruc for him you'd say we did well. Time will tell on this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back