Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

8 touches at HB midway through the 3rd.

Done a few good pressure acts but fairly anonymous.

I think Wickzki has him nailed up thread.

Finished better as the Eagles got worse. A lot of what he did for us in that performance tonight.

Finished better as the Eagles got worse. A lot of what he did for us in that performance tonight.
Defensive running awful one second, then the turnover and he comes alive to kick to the corridor for a teammate to have a shot at goal.

He would never survive in our physical, run and tackle until you puke gameplay. He is too content to run alongside the play and behind his man.

Defensive running awful one second, then the turnover and he comes alive to kick to the corridor for a teammate to have a shot at goal.

He would never survive in our physical, run and tackle until you puke gameplay. He is too content to run alongside the play and behind his man.

Nailed it. He just hasn't got the want to assert himself on the contest. Has all the natural ability to do so but none of the drive or motivation.

When you get to the professional level of any spoft even the lesser players have stacks of talent. 90% of success comes from between the ears and heart.

But this is what many of his initial scouting reports said pre-draft. Too laconic and found the game too easy. Never had to work for it as a junior so it's beyond him now

Reading the Coasters board I got the impression Sam played like he did at Carlton. Flashy but . Knee knock possibly. SPS played a very good first .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
had a knee injury in the pre-season, i think picked up a calf knock. might have been a good one as he had about as many touches in the last qtr after the injury as he did in the rest of the game.

i keep bumping this, not to dance on his grave but in the hope he'll eventually figure out the thing that holds him back.

Live shot of SPS defensive work…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just doesn’t have the ticker to match the talent. Visible frustration from at least one team mate toward him on the field where he seemingly failed to either communicate, provide a one two option or come in to block the chase down tackle, turnover that went the other way for a goal.

No trust from your team mates = gone.

I really thought we’d found a beauty when we drafted him at 5. But to be objective, apart from a fleeting moment here and there, he’s just a nothing player renowned for dinky 15 metre kicks of nothingness. He’ll end up playing over 100 AFL games…and nobody will remember them. Shame, but SPS is not the first player to fail to fulfil their gift and won’t be the last.

I really thought we’d found a beauty when we drafted him at 5. But to be objective, apart from a fleeting moment here and there, he’s just a nothing player renowned for dinky 15 metre kicks of nothingness.
Those dinky 15 metres kicks I put down to being taught by someone in coaching to do it, sadly.
I think our previous coaching regime broke him.
It sad to see him lost all the instincts he had when first started and play like a robot now.
I'd hoped for his sake he would re-discover his mojo but sadly he looks just as lost at Eagles as he did towards when Teague wanted to teach him to be a defender. His career looks like it just going through the motions now.
Hopefully he takes up bull riding and finds his joy in sport again.

If he'd ever fixed his hamstrings, he'd have been a player.

With his running stride, speed and kicking depth as it was, he was the next Richard Tambling. Simple as that.

If he'd ever fixed his hamstrings, he'd have been a player.

With his running stride, speed and kicking depth as it was, he was the next Richard Tambling. Simple as that.

Great hamstrings = minimal bone vibration right?

bulldogs game.....
I went back and watched his highlights after the trade went through and as good as it was to see 35 touches against his name he was essentially playing as usually did with 15-20 touches. Lots of short and sideways balls. Had a couple of nice moments receiving from Cripps and setting play up, but that was about it.

I prefer the first Collingwood game. Showed some serious X-factor and was in everything in the first half when the game was there to be won.

If we were a better side I don't think there would be as much emphasis as those couple of games, but we were reasonably average in his 1st and 3rd years and it was nice to see glimpses of the player we'd drafted and had high hopes he'd continue that run of form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past 5. Sam Petrevski-Seton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back