Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

That family tree is a football goldmine ... so many names that you don't even realize .... Leon Davis, Neville Jetta and even Shai Bolton's uncle is a Pickett ... for God sake Nicky Winmar's bloodline is tied into the Pickett's .... your ignorance to say Zero Zip Nada Nought is astounding tbh

Found out today, my partner is apart of this tree so that’s pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i just have a feeling his kids will all be top 10 draft picks, goddam this injury curse this year he would of finished on 100.
love the way he played.
Surely if he thought his kids were going to be good he would’ve made sure they were f/s eligible. They would have been dreaming of playing for Richmond one day.

Admittedly, we don’t know what is, or potentially could be happening in his life. Maybe the court case is looking grim. Who knows?

I’ve been on this topic for three or four years now; not because I obsess about father/sons, but because you never have a bloke under 100 games in your team with four kids. Never happens.

The fact that they have incredible footy bloodlines only intensified my monitoring of his tally.

****ing annoying. And I feel for his kids as well.

Surely if he thought his kids were going to be good he would’ve made sure they were f/s eligible. They would have been dreaming of playing for Richmond one day.

Admittedly, we don’t know what is, or potentially could be happening in his life. Maybe the court case is looking grim. Who knows?

I’ve been on this topic for three or four years now; not because I obsess about father/sons, but because you never have a bloke under 100 games in your team with four kids. Never happens.

The fact that they have incredible footy bloodlines only intensified my monitoring of his tally.

Depends what he does with his life? He may return to Perth and then they could be happy to play footy there. The kids will have the talent but he will probably want to give them a better life than he had, so good schools etc.

I imagine if there club had asked Marlion to go on to crack the 100 he would have. It's probably a situation where both he and the club agreed it would be best to retire this year. We all love the idea of his children playing for the club but if they are good enough, they will get their chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine if there club had asked Marlion to go on to crack the 100 he would have. It's probably a situation where both he and the club agreed it would be best to retire this year. We all love the idea of his children playing for the club but if they are good enough, they will get their chance.
they can always throw interviews. pretty sure ive read players saying if you draft me ill leave the first chance I get.

Came on and was one of our better players instantly.

Why was the hell was he the sub in his final game?
No way Marlion would've run out a full game - still carrying the injury and very match unconditioned.

It was actually brilliant coaching. Yze brought him on at the perfect time, 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, still within about 5 goals, oodles of time left for us to win it. No doubt the injection of Marlion lifted the team and turned the momentum our way.

If Hugo and Campbell hadn't spoiled each other 35m from goal we could've been within 3 goals and charging. Instead the ball went up the other end for a goal and our momentum was diluted.

Last edited:
Based on his situation its very surprising he chose to retire and not take advantage of another $300k+ season of AFL footy.

To be frank, he played well but looked like shit. He look tired, bruises and cuts on his face, skin color off, eyes dark and swollen. Got to wonder if he is retiring to save himself being in the media spotlight moving forward with his courtcase due in 6 weeks. He honestly looked like he just got out of jail

You've all been calling for his head all season, now complaining that he was made sub lol

Was at the game, was great how everyone got up and cheered for him when he came on the field.

He has become a fan favourite in what was such a short career, all the best time him.

Based on his situation its very surprising he chose to retire and not take advantage of another $300k+ season of AFL footy.

To be frank, he played well but looked like shit. He look tired, bruises and cuts on his face, skin color off, eyes dark and swollen. Got to wonder if he is retiring to save himself being in the media spotlight moving forward with his courtcase due in 6 weeks. He honestly looked like he just got out of jail
Do we know for sure he chose to retire?

Could of played another year for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett Retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back