5000 Members sitting on their cracks

Remove this Banner Ad

5000 unsigned members. That means we signed up the other 2000 that was meant to make up the 7000.

Come on Supporters get on board

1300 36 32 31 or kangaroos.com.au

And SwimSafe has resigned with the kangaroos

5000 unsigned members. That means we signed up the other 2000 that was meant to make up the 7000.

Come on Supporters get on board. 1300 36 32 31 or kangaroos.com.au

And SwimSafe has resigned with the kangaroos

We signed up around 450 of the 7000 on Monday night plus would expect some further sales over the next few weeks of a similar number from the many voicemail messages left and promises made. I can't reconcile the 5000 mentioned by JB tonignt against the 7000 quoted last week.

The club needs to increase its effort in membership marketing. Has anyone seen any advertising of the Saturday night activities other than on the NMFC website? Did JB highlight it tonight (I didn't see all the show).

He put the membership number up RB.

We signed up around 450 of the 7000 on Monday night plus would expect some further sales over the next few weeks of a similar number from the many voicemail messages left and promises made. I can't reconcile the 5000 mentioned by JB tonignt against the 7000 quoted last week.

The club needs to increase its effort in membership marketing. Has anyone seen any advertising of the Saturday night activities other than on the NMFC website? Did JB highlight it tonight (I didn't see all the show).

Maybe the club called about 2k people during the telethon, we signed up 450, got some promises and the rest said get stuffed so the 5k figure is probably 5k people the club hasn't contacted yet.

Just a guess.

As I have said in other threads, I don't blame those who refuse to re-sign. Members have put up with a lot of crap and they have no voice in what the club is doing in the future so even I find it hard to convince people to sign up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-signed my 2 platinum memberships today......and I am currently living in Hyderabad India so get to see 2-3 games a year (if I am lucky....but then again 1 was last weeks Geelong game so I'm not complaining!). For quite a few years now I've been buying the 2 platinum (or previous equivalent) memberships to repay my gratitude for the 90's.....and will keep doing so!!!

ps - bought some extras to give the indian kids when I get back "home" next week....some soft footies and capts etc ....a billion people....an untapped market :p I assume they qualify for the Aussie Roos Membership being a little more than 50+ k away from Melb!

If you dont want to buy a membership this year.....what might you say if the Roos dont exist in the future......"if only?".

GET OUT THERE AND PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS !!!!

Re-signed my 2 platinum memberships today......and I am currently living in Hyderabad India so get to see 2-3 games a year (if I am lucky....but then again 1 was last weeks Geelong game so I'm not complaining!). For quite a few years now I've been buying the 2 platinum (or previous equivalent) memberships to repay my gratitude for the 90's.....and will keep doing so!!!

ps - bought some extras to give the indian kids when I get back "home" next week....some soft footies and capts etc ....a billion people....an untapped market :p I assume they qualify for the Aussie Roos Membership being a little more than 50+ k away from Melb!

If you dont want to buy a membership this year.....what might you say if the Roos dont exist in the future......"if only?".

Good to see you are back on board there slam. When are we likely to see the first AFL player wearing a turbin? And would it have to be AFL approved?

What a great post, you have made my day.:thumbsu:

Love it!

I saw that. Finally.

He's there to 'pump up tyres' and we're getting some finally.

Yes it was great to see him push membership last night as well as having the membership number on the screen.
Let us hope that this message got through to some of those unsigned members from last year and prompts them to pay up.

Well Saturday night may very well be the last game I see for the year - depends when I'm back in Australia (let alone Melbourne) again. So I'm hoping for 2 out of 2 live game wins.

(But I can now watch the games live on TV in Hyderabad India.....fantastic.....though the locals are a little confused by the game......but already they are cheering for the Kangas each week......if only they could understand what they were cheering about!)

See you ALL on Saturday night at the game (and i do mean ALL of you.....if you're reading this and not going to the game Saturday night you are a disgrace). No excuses.....from excuses all that will come later is regrets!

(But I can now watch the games live on TV in Hyderabad India.....fantastic.....though the locals are a little confused by the game......but already they are cheering for the Kangas each week......if only they could understand what they were cheering about!)

Maybe you can convince some wealthy Indian Rahaj to put a shxxxt load of rupees into the club..We could do our pre-season in Hydrabad, exhibition games against the back drop of the Taj Mahal..

Maybe you can convince some wealthy Indian Rahaj to put a shxxxt load of rupees into the club..We could do our pre-season in Hydrabad, exhibition games against the back drop of the Taj Mahal..

A shxxxt load of rupees......will only get you a hotdog at the footy......but then again a shxxxt load of A$ will also only get you a pie these days.

Prefer Singapore airlines to sponsor us so I can fly in each weekend to see the games at their expense!

Comon people jump on board!

Too many fairweather supporters who only associate themselves with the club through the good times. You acheive the joy from success, because you have been through those tough times.

Makes me sick when people wait to see how the team starts the season before joining up. If you truely love the Roos you should be joining up wether we are 0-5 or 5-0.

Phew! Just had to get that off my chest.

Had Ron Joseph ring our house Monday night to chase up our 4 memberships but unfortunately I was at Touch footy and he spoke with my wife, I've just been made redundant and have been "sitting on my crack" for 5 weeks for a security clearance to begin my new job so we won't be joining till this happens.

When it does we will be members again. :thumbsu:

Cheers all.

Had Ron Joseph ring our house Monday night to chase up our 4 memberships but unfortunately I was at Touch footy and he spoke with my wife, I've just been made redundant and have been "sitting on my crack" for 5 weeks for a security clearance to begin my new job so we won't be joining till this happens.

When it does we will be members again. :thumbsu:

Cheers all.

Thanks for your post and I wish you all the best for the future.
Hope your new job goes well and you are able to sign up again real soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

5000 Members sitting on their cracks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back