$5000+

Remove this Banner Ad

BigSexc

BigFooty Protagonist
Oct 7, 2009
BigFooty
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is aneyone happy that we are spending $5000+ to spend the night i geelong.

From what i know we will be going up to geelong the day before and staying over night in the hotel across the road from skilled stadium.

Most clubs take the one hour bus trip on the morning of the game but.. we will be taking it the night before.

Does anyone think this expense is justified?

facts to consider:
-we have sold our home games to Brisbane in the past to make money
- we played a home game in NT this year
- we are still very much in debt
- the club has been calling on members to 'deemolish' this debt for years
- we make our players drive to !!casey!! for training, which is a similar distance as geelong (time wise)

When was the last time we beat Geelong in Geelong? Been a very very long time. I'm all for trying something different. A long trip to Darwin during the week as well. I'm all for the boys waking up close to Skilled Stadium. $5,000 well spent I say....

They mentioned this a couple of years, apparently the trip from melbourne tires them out. Remember footy players are precious, so as Omit said. "If it helps us win then I'm more than happy" <- well said

Most clubs take the one hour bus trip on the morning of the game but.. we will be taking it the night before.

It's not the night before, it's the day before, and it's so we can train on the ground.

Excellent initiative, and shows the forward-thinking and planning that the FD are putting into each game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time we beat Geelong was 2006 when Matthew Egan missed after the siren. I've been to every game at Geelong since 2004 and I'll be continuing that this Saturday.

From what I've heard, we'll train there on Friday?

5k? oh noes

Exactly, immaterial. Club knows best.

i bet you didnt think 5k was immaterial when poor old brock mclean gave up his hard earned to the club

If the football department are happy I can live without what internet nutbags think.
Why is it that you continue to belittle my opinions, when ever i make one.

motra: treat others in a way befitting to how you would like to be treated (rough translation)

What supermercado said. We obviously wouldn't be doing this if we valued about 1/400th of our debt over this game.

i bet you didnt think 5k was immaterial when poor old brock mclean gave up his hard earned to the club

Why is it that you continue to belittle my opinions, when ever i make one.

motra: treat others in a way befitting to how you would like to be treated (rough translation)

The 5k was big because it was a player delving into his own pocket. Be it 50 or 5000. The amount wasn't the story and 5000 is diddums for footy clubs considering how much they pay to go to WA or SA for example.

5k is cheap for a whole football team I thought. Where are they staying? Above the local pub or something?

$5k is expensive for Geelong.

For 30 people, that's $167 per person. 2 blokes per room, almost $350/room in a place like Geelong. You can get 4.5 star hotel rooms in the middle of Tokyo for that much.

Anyway, footy teams probably spend money flippantly like politicians, and then rely on members (effectively) to foot the bill.

St Kilda chartered their own plane to WA on the weekend to help with preperation and it paid off. Heading down the highway is the toughest challenge in the competition and if the club believes this will help then I say go nuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

$5000+

Remove this Banner Ad

Back