$5000+

Remove this Banner Ad

When Melbourne win this weekend can someone bump this thread and make sure you post best $5000 ever spent.

Making the best of our chances against the best of competition makes perfect sense to me. We will know where Melbourne really stands after this week, a genuine contender this year or a back marker.

You sure they are staying across the road from Kardinia Park because this http://www.kardiniaparkmotel.com.au/ is the only hotel across the road from Kardinia Park. Not to sure if it would fit everyone.

Maybe they are staying here which is only a short walk from the ground and a bit nicer. http://www.mercuregeelong.com.au/

I think its a good idea. You still wont win but who wouldnt want to stay the night in G Town.

$5000 is a lot of money for a night in Geelong. They could stay at my uncle's joint in Lara for less, he's got a couple of spare sleeping bags.

For anyone to be annoyed at the club for spending this cash is beyond me... it's not as if it's frivolous spending, they are spending money to help the team win by having a training session at KP the day before the game so the young blokes (i.e. most of the team) who haven't played the ground before to check it out.

BSc, you are a dunce, and hooking into the club with manufactured outrage because you donated $10 during debt demolition is ridiculous, the kind of outrage pr0n that people like to gorge themselves on because there's nothing interesting in their own lives that makes them happy, so they get cross at stuff that doesn't affect them. Getting mad about it just shows how negative you are about the footy club and that you really don't think beyond yourself. The first thing I thought when I read this yesterday was "Good idea, KP is a horrid place for any team, might as well get to know it a little better."

Sod off and go support Collingwood if money is all you're concerned about, we don't want your kind at the MFC.

$5000 is a lot of money for a night in Geelong. They could stay at my uncle's joint in Lara for less, he's got a couple of spare sleeping bags.

For anyone to be annoyed at the club for spending this cash is beyond me... it's not as if it's frivolous spending, they are spending money to help the team win by having a training session at KP the day before the game so the young blokes (i.e. most of the team) who haven't played the ground before.

BSc, you are a dunce, and hooking into the club with manufactured outrage because you donated $10 during debt demolition is ridiculous, the kind of outrage pr0n that people like to gorge themselves on because there's nothing interesting in their own lives that makes them happy, so they get cross at stuff that doesn't affect them. Getting mad about it just shows how negative you are about the footy club and that you really don't think beyond yourself. The first thing I thought when I read this yesterday was "
Good idea, KP is a horrid place for any team, might as well get to know it a little better.

Sod off and go support Collingwood if money is all you're concerned about, we don't want your kind at the MFC.

Understatement of the decade. (Although I think the correct name is BS, not BSc)

For anyone to be annoyed at the club for spending this cash is beyond me... it's not as if it's frivolous spending, they are spending money to help the team win by having a training session at KP the day before the game so the young blokes (i.e. most of the team) who haven't played the ground before to check it out.

BSc, you are a dunce, and hooking into the club with manufactured outrage because you donated $10 during debt demolition is ridiculous, the kind of outrage pr0n that people like to gorge themselves on because there's nothing interesting in their own lives that makes them happy, so they get cross at stuff that doesn't affect them. Getting mad about it just shows how negative you are about the footy club and that you really don't think beyond yourself. The first thing I thought when I read this yesterday was "Good idea, KP is a horrid place for any team, might as well get to know it a little better."

i never said i was against it! i was just raising the topic for debate.

so yeah, **** off!

Staying overnight just because of the trip would be dumb.

The cats don't stay overnight in Melbourne 10 times a year.

But if the reason for it is to give the players a run on the surface, whilst developing more habits and bonding during travel then it's money well spent.

It won't translate into a win this week but it might give you an edge in development for other trips over the next few years.

Well that's the main reason for it.

We are getting a rare opportunity to train on the ground, which can only be a benefit for us. No use driving to Geelong on Friday, training at Skilled Stadium, driving back to Melbourne, and then driving back to Geelong the next day.

Is aneyone happy that we are spending $5000+ to spend the night i geelong.

From what i know we will be going up to geelong the day before and staying over night in the hotel across the road from skilled stadium.

Most clubs take the one hour bus trip on the morning of the game but.. we will be taking it the night before.

Does anyone think this expense is justified?

facts to consider:
-we have sold our home games to Brisbane in the past to make money
- we played a home game in NT this year
- we are still very much in debt
- the club has been calling on members to 'deemolish' this debt for years
- we make our players drive to !!casey!! for training, which is a similar distance as geelong (time wise)

Your a member of the MFC ?

The way you post obviously not

I heard Bartlett bang on about this on SEN the other day and i thought to myself is this guy for real? Its 2010 for gods sake. We are talking how much to run an AFL club these days? The club and in particular Bailey has made it clear how taxing the trip to the top end was. I would have thought any chance to to reduce the impact of travel was money well spent. If they train at SS on Friday and then drive back to town and then back for the game it will be an extra 3 hours minimum all players would be stuck in a car and traffic. In any case it isn't $5000 as that doesn't factor in the opportunity cost of fuel, risk of accident etc etc. If Melbourne is a serious player and we are actually thinking a grand final win is possible in the next 3-5 years then trying something such as this is smart. The boys walk to the ground Saturday morning as opposed to being stuck in a car listerning to Powderfinger and SEN, are focused and perform well. This could be an experiment that wins us a game in the next few years. Yes the debt is an issue but we want to be an elite AFL club and this is the sort of investment required. Which club first sent one of their players to Germany to try and fast track recovery? Was this also a waste of money? Get with the program.

I heard Bartlett bang on about this on SEN the other day and i thought to myself is this guy for real? Its 2010 for gods sake. We are talking how much to run an AFL club these days? The club and in particular Bailey has made it clear how taxing the trip to the top end was. I would have thought any chance to to reduce the impact of travel was money well spent. If they train at SS on Friday and then drive back to town and then back for the game it will be an extra 3 hours minimum all players would be stuck in a car and traffic. In any case it isn't $5000 as that doesn't factor in the opportunity cost of fuel, risk of accident etc etc. If Melbourne is a serious player and we are actually thinking a grand final win is possible in the next 3-5 years then trying something such as this is smart. The boys walk to the ground Saturday morning as opposed to being stuck in a car listerning to Powderfinger and SEN, are focused and perform well. This could be an experiment that wins us a game in the next few years. Yes the debt is an issue but we want to be an elite AFL club and this is the sort of investment required. Which club first sent one of their players to Germany to try and fast track recovery? Was this also a waste of money? Get with the program.

I agree with this, personally i couldn't think of any thing worse than being in a bus or car for an hour + and then going to play footy. We used to do it a bit for school footy and i hated it.

Remove this Banner Ad

$5000+

Remove this Banner Ad

Back